Spring Dive on Saturday, July 24th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I don't go to Jupiter, I will be at Alexander Springs Saturday morning with my girlfriend. It has been a while since we have been wet so we just want to blow some bubbles.

Alexander Springs seems a little out of my way. I will be passing through Williston. What do you all know about Blue Grotto? I found some information on the web. Do they have air fills? Do they allow solo diving? I will be passing through on Thursday (July 29). Any better recommendation for a spring dive? Thanks in advance for any help.

They do have air and nitrox fills BUT they will not let you solo there. If you go across the street to Devil Den you could get with somebody there and do a dive they have air too.

Miller:
Alexander Springs seems a little out of my way. I will be passing through Williston. What do you all know about Blue Grotto? I found some information on the web. Do they have air fills? Do they allow solo diving? I will be passing through on Thursday (July 29). Any better recommendation for a spring dive? Thanks in advance for any help.

Did Blue Grotto and WOW A GREAT DIVE! If your AOW you can do the 100' dive otherwise you can stay in the less deep area,They have lights,Air -Nitrox,If its your first time you have to sit thru a short video to tell you to stay off the bottom and no stiring up the silt! they tell you a hundred times!Its real slow this time of year,just a few divers in small classes,we had the place all to our own!the vis well 100'++ you got to see it!
Devils den is GREAT Too! did some dives and well not as deep but some cool caverns to swim thru to practice your bouancy!
Hal Watts was Great too! so much to see, but you need to have an instructor, dive with you or call them they do guide dives too,200'+DEEP. vis was great after about 50' boat,jets,cars,motor cycles,on and on,, I maxed the dive tables at Hals! Also met him and well he is a wealth of info!
But the Blue Grotto is well worth it! Being Im from Wisconsin and darn we dont have vis like you Florida folks!
Have a GREAT DIVE!

It looks like early AM for me at Alexander. Who else will be an early bird? Orlando Rogue, you started this thread. Chuck, let's dive! Mostly bouyancy & fin kick work for me, so evryone will be mostly bored if they intend to dive with me. I am good for the occasional wise-@$$ comment during the SI, however!

I will be driving a red Ford Explorer Sport (2-door). Blue fins, hood on my wetsuit conglomeration. Looking forward to seeing everyone who ends up showing up.

ScubaBoard rules!

scubafool:
It looks like early AM for me at Alexander. Who else will be an early bird? Orlando Rogue, you started this thread. Chuck, let's dive! Mostly bouyancy & fin kick work for me, so evryone will be mostly bored if they intend to dive with me. I am good for the occasional wise-@$$ comment during the SI, however!
I will see ya there. Oh and don't forget your line work. I can be such a nag.

i cant go this suxs, but i do get to dive so its still good.

Sorry for not replying earlier, guys-I have been stuck in Denver for a training and up entertaining the attendess til the late hours (no table dancing this time, though). Alexander sounds good for me. What time are we meeting? My only problem is that I am flying back early by going tomorrow, so taking stand-by. Hopefully, I will be back in time to pick up my tanks from the local dive shop, but if not..any suggestions on where to rent tanks early on a Saturday on the way from Orlando to Alexander? Thanks for all the feedback! I will check my e-mail tomorrow before leaving Colorado and then check again after the airport, if nothing else...you can either call or text-message me at 321-356-6181.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom