Spring and river conditions post hurricane(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out checking my rental home and the water on the street was thigh deep. the houses were all Ok but the water levels may still rise yet. During my walk I noticed a couple of water snakes (no ID) and a small gator go swimming by, HEY it's Florida where else can 2 snakes a a gator go down a main roads?

Has anyone heard if Vortex is having any issues? Anyone want to go tomorrow (Friday the 10th)? We will be there ~10am! Hope to blow bubbles with ya!

from janet at Peacock Springs State Park (PSSP)

PSSP will be closed until at least Wednesday the 15th due to the trees down at Olsen, they are down like a domino effect & need to be taken out carefully. If the river waters stay away maybe the park will open next weekend. Sorry!

GDI:
I was out checking my rental home and the water on the street was thigh deep. the houses were all Ok but the water levels may still rise yet. During my walk...
I believe they charge money for that kind of aqua aerobics at most gyms :wink:
GDI:
....I noticed a couple of water snakes (no ID) and a small gator go swimming by, HEY it's Florida where else can 2 snakes a a gator go down a main roads?
Dont tell Becky about that!

Let me know if you get in touch with any of the sink/privately owned places today and we shall discuss the likelihood of finishing the course this weekend or just going off for a "jolly" dive to get wet for the first time in almost 2 weeks - i am getting the shakes already!

Man, I feel for ya, Sim . . .
Keep in mind that there are over 20 different species of non-poisonous water snakes native to Florida so the chance of getting bitten by a water moccasin is less than 1 in 20.

The Kracken:
Man, I feel for ya, Sim . . .
Its ok, once this season is brought to a close we have around 7-8 decent months of diving weather!!! Even if i cant get in the water for another week or two (bathtub will do i guess for now) i still have that to look forward to. :wink:

Which would be better for doing the remaining drills? Is there any intro stuff we can do at either place? Paradise is slightly closer, however viz may still be messed up as it has been the last few times i have gone (below standard 40ft?) and Blue Grotto might have OW classes etc in there, who knows. I think either would be fine, your call, its only about 20 mins difference in driving in the opposite direction off 75 for us.

Rick unfortunately cant make it tomorrow, so we are off to Devils Den to get in some shallow water reel and skill practice, its not quite overhead but its got a lot of rock to tie to and is plenty large enough to do a whole load of stuff. Becky and i will be there with Chuck tomorrow morning to get on with some of this. Just hope that it isnt packed out - hopefully everyone is tucked up at home getting ready for the storm. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom