Spring 2013 - Ann Arbor 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I miss it, is there info on the dock location / slip? Also is there anyone on board with a He analyzer?

I already answered Gurnie privately but for everyone else on the trip, I have an HE analyzer for your breathing gas mixes if anybody needs to double check before splashing. I will make sure it is packed and available.

Sunday is coming up!

Prospects are looking good for Sunday, but please stay tuned.

Also, the captain is wondering if everyone is okay with a 9am departure instead of a 10:30am departure.

Please respond to info@wolfsdivers.com confirm your spot and let me know if you’re okay with reducing the departure from 10:30am EST to 9am EST.

That email address keeps getting bounced as non deliverable.

My email to you bounced back as well, with a "550 sending to msn.com not allowed".

Are you good for the 9am time change?

~85F, 20% chance of preciptation, and waves at 1 ft or less is the forecast for tomorrow. The lake has a surface temperature of 50F right now.

Sounds like it'll be a good day for diving! I'll see you all at the docks.
04.gif

Thank You Richard for putting this trip together! In spite of a minor wrinkle or two this was a fantastic trip. I highly recomend the "Elsie J" as a dive charter boat. The lake was billiard table flat with waves in the fractions of inches. This was a stark contrast to the previous week diving the SS. Wisconsin in "sporty" weather. The viz was in the 50+ range with temps at 46. The AA5 is a pretty cool wreck although not at all like the artists drawings I've seen of it. It has twin screws and is impaled in the lake bed at an angle but that's about it.

I also Want to give a big shout out to Captain Bob for operating and maintaining one of the coolest dive boats on the lake. She's not fast but there is plenty of room and the Elsie J is like a working piece of history, a floating museum display if you will!! What she lacks in speed she more than make up with character. I'm sure you're right in saying your Grandpa would be proud!!

I was staring on in awe and wonderment like a five year old when his uncle pulls a quarter out of his ear watching Bob go through the start up procedure of his grand old 2,473 cubic inch three cylinder diesel powerplant!!! Man I just dig that old skool stuff!!!

Lastly I want to thank Todd G. and Joli for being awesome dive buddies and great company on the drive around the lake to South Haven from North Chicago, A very enjoyable day spent in fantastic company.

With a little notice I would be willing to do it all again and maybe have a look at that "other" dive site as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom