Spree refit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with Debra on this one, I don't mind springing for a few $ for the comfort and relaxing times that I actually don't have to work.

Crazyduck:
<snip>There is talk of allowing rebreathers on a recreational schedule this year or next. <snip>

It's no longer talk. It's a done deal. Rebreathers will be allowed on the Spree with exceptions. One of the exceptions is that the rebreather divers follow the profile of the OC divers (no problem: first to jump, last on the ladder) so it doesn't mess up the entire schedule. Another exception is "No Obligated Deco". I'll be out there in the fall on a sold out, extended, four day trip in September that will be making a rare stop at Sonnier Bank. 15 possible dives more than 100 miles offshore. Rigs, reefs, and rebreathers...:eyebrow: It's too bad we don't have some nice wrecks.

ianr33:
I dont see how that is enforcable unless the crew are checking your computer at depth.If you surface with a violated computer though that would be a different matter.

With OC depth limits still applying, I don't think 5 minutes is going to matter especially if you're coming up with the rest of the OC crowd. However, if you come back thirty minutes later, you probably will question very seriously if it's worth getting back on the boat from the wrath you will receive. :D

They have been known to check computers in the evenings... :D

They only reason they do hold us to these standards is that they care about us :wink:

later, Andrew

ianr33:
I dont see how that is enforcable unless the crew are checking your computer at depth.If you surface with a violated computer though that would be a different matter.

Cool beans... glad to hear.

So, is this Open Circuit no decompression times or are they going to allow us to use no decompression times based on our partial pressure tables….?

You know what that means… :rofl3:
That would provide us an estimated 17 to 20 minutes conservatively at 100ft.
Well, that’s if you hold to that standard.

Very, very interesting...
Thanks again, Andrew
Ps- I was not complaining earlier... just praising the staff for all their hard work.

PacketSniffer:
It's no longer talk. It's a done deal. Rebreathers will be allowed on the Spree with exceptions. One of the exceptions is that the rebreather divers follow the profile of the OC divers (no problem: first to jump, last on the ladder) so it doesn't mess up the entire schedule. Another exception is "No Obligated Deco". I'll be out there in the fall on a sold out, extended, four day trip in September that will be making a rare stop at Sonnier Bank. 15 possible dives more than 100 miles offshore. Rigs, reefs, and rebreathers...:eyebrow: It's too bad we don't have some nice wrecks.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Same Dock in Freeport. (As far as I can tell.)

I thought I remember Capt. Frank saying it was out of Ft. Meyers. I'm not 100% though. If interested, call and ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom