Spree refit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacketSniffer:
Thanks for the heads-up on the Meg. However, there's a serial number with my name on it already. :eyebrow:

Cheers

PacketSniffer
I do not know if anyone has patted you on the back about your diving accomplishments in such a VERY short time. If not you deserve one.
Keep up the hard work.

:35: Dave

Teknadv3x:
PacketSniffer
I do not know if anyone has patted you on the back about your diving accomplishments in such a VERY short time. If not you deserve one.
Keep up the hard work.

:35: Dave

Thanks Dave. I appreciate that.

I am *really* having the time of my life.

For starters- please forgive my mental state- I am on drugs for my back pain and the pain from physical therapy which is worse than the original back pain. Thank god for Meds.

Once we go closed circuit a lot of us want to stay in this format.
There is a series of changes (learning) and sticking to the same routine/format really helps.

For some of us yes there is certain sweet logistics.
Virtually using no breathing gas, not freaking out the sharks, reducing our overall profile compared to doubles, making virtually no noise and certain other factors. Some become rather technical- sorry my brain is not up for that right now.

Imagine being at 15ft and hearing the wind blow over the surface….

The big problem is that the breathing gas has a variable Fi02 and hence you cannot have total (blind) faith in the breathing loop like you can with a fixed fraction of oxygen like in nitrox tank. Hence we take bailout.

Ultimately, I feel that it is the next step in my diving and it would allow me the ability to do more with less weight on my back.

However, this is all pointless if we cannot integrate seamlessly with OC divers and work with dive boats requirements. Thanks to all involved with this process and the Spree.

Plus, we are taking about a big investment eCCR 7k to 10K, manual or MCCR is 5K.
What’s the point if we can’t use it?

Meds to all…. Andrew

ianr33:
Just to stir the pot a little :D
Why do you guys want to use rebreathers on dives that have to be doable on single tank,OC ? It would seem to be an expensive and complex way of doing straightforward dives.
desire to get close to Hammerheads? Practice ? Look Cool ?? :D Annoy Frank? :wink:

Can anybody tell me how many Dives I could expect to get on a two day trip on the Spree? Thanks....

ScubaGlenn:
Can anybody tell me how many Dives I could expect to get on a two day trip on the Spree? Thanks....

Seven, possibly eight.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom