Spree refit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
it is a little more expensive at $550 a head but free nitrox and about 10 less people to trip over sounds worth it.

Maybe its just me but at $600 (including gratuity) for "potentially" 7 dives over a weekend I dont see myself going to the Flower Gardens again. Would rather put the money towards a Caribbean trip or drive to Cave Country.

ianr33:
Maybe its just me but at $600 (including gratuity) for "potentially" 7 dives over a weekend I dont see myself going to the Flower Gardens again. Would rather put the money towards a Caribbean trip or drive to Cave Country.

Have you talked to my wife? That's what I keep hearing. Two W/E trips to FGB equals one week in Cozumel. I'll probably just stick with a bit more crowded deck and try the Fling this year.

I appalled the captain and crew in adding additional features to the boat and spending their own hard earned capital on the vessel.

It should be kept in mind that this is almost one of a kind in the area and they do special charters for technical diving.

There is talk of allowing rebreathers on a recreational schedule this year or next.
I for one sincerely appricate what Captain Frank and Mel do for divers and how hard they work and keeping us safe.

I for one will be spending money with them next year.
Just need the digital camera and case first.

A big thanks from me and my family to the group at Gulf diving there are awesome.
Andrew

I saw the pictures last week on the website. It looks like a lot of work has gone into it. I will take the Spree for more comfort, room and amenities. Some people will head to the Fling and some will head for the Spree. Both boats will offer their own pros and cons. I work hard all summer long, I like the extra comfort and amenities for my weekends off. I will take that for the extra cost. Spree INCLUDES Nitrox, bunk, food ( practically freakin' gourmet!), extra room, extra bathroom, all on a newly remodeled boat ( no more wetsuits hanging in your face). I will pay an extra $10 a dive for all that. I haven't earned the nickname "5 Star" Diver for nothing! Heck I have spent more for less, just ask me about my Aggressor trip last year in the Caymans.

I was not bad mouthing the Spree. I am hoping to dive with them in February.

Others mentioned they will pass on the FG in the future because of the additional $155 need to know that the Fling is still an option.

I appreciate nice things too when my budget can afford it. Now if we can just get some calm seas in early Feb.

I didn't think you were bad mouthing the Spree. I am not sure everyone knows what's included for that $155. The $395 is the weekday ( Thurs/Fri) trip on the Fling trip and is quoted without Nitrox. $460 with Nitrox. Weekends are $ 445 plus Nitrox for a grand total of $510 per person. The Spree is $550 for the weekend trip with Nitrox included in the price, So I stand corrected it's an extra $40 for the Spree or $5.70 a dive.

Calm seas in February??? We have our fingers crossed, I saw the hammerheads year before last, sheer magic. Our first scheduled trip is Feb. 24-25, can't wait!

Where can we find the new pricing structure for each boat? Specifically the Mon thru Wed trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom