Spray lube for Ikelite housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use McNett's. probably the same stuff....I got it at Gander Mountain in the food section...They placed it by the meat slicers......Works great. I also picked up a dental syringe to be able to place 1 drop where it belongs....

Please share.......

Why spray lube? What makes it easier to use?

I just put a small bit of tube lube on my finger tips and coat the o-ring it takes all of 20 seconds......

Is there any issue with flying with a can of spray lube?

Is the spray lube less than 3oz?

What do you use the syringe for?

So many questions, so little time........:wink:

Thanks......M

Is there a convenient spray-on lube useful for ikelite o-rings? What about CRC food-grade pure silicone spray Food Grade Silicone from CRC Would this impact the integrity of the o-rings versus ikelite/sea&sea lube's? Thanks.

Why would you want to use a spray lubricant? :confused:

Sprays tend to go everywhere except where you intended. The last thing you want is a film of lubricant on the lens window.

Applying lubricant with your finger tip serves a dual purpose. It goes exactly where you want and as you run your finger lightly around the seals you will feel any hairs, grit or o-ring damage; even though you can't see them with the naked eye.

I'm sorry I misunderstood...I use it to lubricate the teeny-tiny o-rings in the buttons & controls with just a drop of silicone on the camera case.. The main o-ring of course we use the Ikelite grease.....

Pics from St Thomas.......:eyebrow:

M

Attachments

• Turlte7.jpg
    Turlte7.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Turtle5.jpg
    Turtle5.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Barracuda.jpg
    Barracuda.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 22