Spotted a school of yellowfin at Airport beach ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While you may catch a glimpse of one or two of them ocassionally it was a rare and beautiful sight to see 6 oregonian yellow fins swimming in formation at Airport beach on Thursday -

yellowfins.jpg

It was obvious that Al was the instructor of this group :wink: They were a lot of fun diving with and we had some great conditions ...

There was also a really nice conch shell we found with a nudibranch on it out in the sand.

conch.jpg

conchplus.jpg

There was also a nice size whitemouth morray that let us get quite close - friendly little guy...

whitemouth.jpg

All in all it was a very relaxing dive - 62 minutes max depth 30ft and good friends to share it with.

Aloha, Tim

Hey Tim those are some expensive looking yellow fins aren't they?

Cool pics.

We did Honolua this morning and it was good, my computer took a dump so I only did one dive up there. After going to my backup computer we did a little Ulua dive and max vis was maybe 10 feet. Oh well, can't always be perfect.

What do you need a computer for at Honolua? :wink:

Glad you some diving in today :)

Aloha, Tim

Well it would have been nice to know how much air I had. I just went by Jill's for time purposes and cut it off at an hour, just to be safe.

I have my backup on now.

You don't need a computer for any shore dives on Maui. We did a dive of 1:47 at airport yesterday.

I needed a drink more than a computer after that one.

MMMM sashimi yellowfin.. MMMmmmm.
I was ready to break out the fishing poles! LOL

not quite dolphins, but cool nonetheless, Tim!

:D

Sorry... couldn't resist!

The fins are definitely not as cool as dolphins ... but Al and Jill are :wink:

Al - I didn't realize your computer was air integrated ... bummer ... you are welcome to stop by my place any time your in the neighborhood and borrow my reg set :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Yellow fins are tuna not dolphins you, nevermind.

Wildcard:
MMMM sashimi yellowfin.. MMMmmmm.
I was ready to break out the fishing poles! LOL

lol - actually there are 2 Hawaiian Mackrel [spelling?] at airport beach that are close to 6' long each. They will race into shore, getting very shallow (5fsw) and then darting straight back out to sea. I've only seen them once and had to ask what they were ... the size of large white tips, but the wrong shape :)

They would make a very nice catch :p

Aloha, Tim

Yep everything I have costs way too much money, hence the inability to wing it. I usually carry the backup but I don't wanna leave anything in the car at Honolua.

Oh by the way, the price to park is now 5 bucks. I chatted with the man at the table about building homes and such and he was very friendly. I had walked down since the gate was closed, I didn't know it was ok to untie the gate. One of our party went up to get their car and he said all the cars in our group would be just 5 dollars total, very nice.

Then a kid and his girlfriend walked in, trust me, there wasn't anything optional about the 5 bucks for him. He was very straight forward and said, "5 bucks, now". The kid said he didn't have any money and he said, "5 bucks, cash only". The kid left.

Hmmmm, interesting huh?

Anyway we dove the St. Anthony yesterday, I didn't take this photo, Rodney did but here's a sponge crab, weird critter...

SpongeCrab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom