Sport Chalet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glynn Palmer got mine done in a day. Two weeks later he turned my wife's in 2 days (only because I wasn't around for him to drop them off.) Glynn provides you with a comprehensive written performance analysis, and is factory authorized for Oceanic, Dacor, Mares, SeaQuest, ScubaPro, Atomic, Tusa, USD, Apeks and more. The guy is a SoCal that works out of Malibu Divers, and he's rock solid.

I think Christian may have been with me when we ran into him at the Scuba Show.

You can ship them to him, or you can call for pick up if you're on this side of the planet. I love the guy and love his work.

Very reliable, very good repairs.

PM me if you need more info.

Ken

Mo2vation:
Glynn Palmer got mine done in a day. Two weeks later he turned my wife's in 2 days (only because I wasn't around for him to drop them off.) Glynn provides you with a comprehensive written performance analysis, and is factory authorized for Oceanic, Dacor, Mares, SeaQuest, ScubaPro, Atomic, Tusa, USD, Apeks and more. The guy is a SoCal that works out of Malibu Divers, and he's rock solid.

I think Christian may have been with me when we ran into him at the Scuba Show.

You can ship them to him, or you can call for pick up if you're on this side of the planet. I love the guy and love his work.

Very reliable, very good repairs.

PM me if you need more info.

Ken
Yeah, I was there and will take my regs to him when it's time. I liked him.

Christian

By the way, I found out that a $45 service quote doesn't include parts and labor. Turned out to be a $100 service. Owch.

Jim,
I got my BC, Computer, Regulator and Octo serviced. I dropped it off at SC on Sunday June 12th and they had it ready for pick up in about 10 days. My daughter picked it up for me at a cost of $77.00 including parts - and they replaced a pot full of o-rings and the screen on my first stage. My Long Beach SC is good about offering free rental while my gear is in for service, but I always send it in while I am away on military duty so it is not a problem.

Scot M:
Some of the SC managers might waive rental fees if they are servicing your gear, but it would be a personal customer service effort, not a corporate policy.
That is my understanding as well. I had my gear serviced at porter ranch and the guy there told me that generally they do, but you have ask for it. This was a few weeks before the big summer rush though. My stuff was back in 6 days.

The long turn around for service during high season is a drag. My wife and I try to service all our gear in the winter or early spring when conditions are "hit or miss." But things were crazy this year and we're right with you now...two weeks and counting! Still looking for the best dive shop in the Ventura area...

cakayakdiver:
...Still looking for the best dive shop in the Ventura area...
I have never done any trade with any dive shop in Ventura as I am in Lakewood/Long Beach, but the Peace dive boat operation is first class and the Peace dive shop is neat, well maintained and the staff there sure talked a good talk when I paid them a visit. If I lived up there, that is the first shop I would try.

Back
Top Bottom