Split vs. Regular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kman458:
well i will see what works best for me. i have had twin jets for several months now and just bought some jets today so i will try them out when they get here.

OH, Cool! Let us know your thoughts.

Mustapha Loves Guns:
Debating is fun, till people take it to serious (HUMAN NATURE) ..lol...It's your own personal opinons on which ever fin you like. I can't tell you what movie you like you have too decide and experiment for yourselfs. But I think Splits are the best (IMHO).
Ease of movement is amazing, Jet Fins are ok, not bad, but ok, Turtles are out of the debate for me (Have nothing good to say except they make me sink)

Anyone have a life Vestttttttttt....gulp gulp gulp...........

That's a great point. For us Drysuit divers the heavy fin is actually a blessing. It helps keep the "floaty feet" in check.

CALI68:
That's a great point. For us Drysuit divers the heavy fin is actually a blessing. It helps keep the "floaty feet" in check.

I only wish I was a bit fatter, turles are to heavy for my big skiny feet, but then I say to myself, God made you this way, and then I feel special!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

I have a pair of twin jets and love them. However, I am thinking about purchasing another pair of fins. I think that the twin jets don't frog kick as well as jet fins, turtles or even the diverite fins.

I briefly tried out a pair of jet fins and also a pair of mares fins and noticed that they put more presure on the arch of my foot.

I'll also be interested to hear what kman458 has to say.

DrDuktayp

I just tried a pair of Twin Jets this weekend. Had no problem with frog kick at all. In fact, I'm going to go buy a pair to use with my dry suit.

Quarrior:
I just tried a pair of Twin Jets this weekend. Had no problem with frog kick at all. In fact, I'm going to go buy a pair to use with my dry suit.

I can frog kick with mine. I read somewhere that they don't frog kick as well as non-spilts do. I think I will grab a pair of jets from the LDS and see for myself.

DrDuktayp

Though I have heard about it for years! Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone kindly explain a 'frog kick' in comparison to ....say 'another kind of kick'

Thank you BTW, just got my twin jets from LP. Have only used them in the pool, but they are great!

Simply put a frog kick is done with knees bent, feet start at the same level of your tank, flare out and push back. The water gets pushed upwards and thus does not contribute to silting out the bottom. It is a very efficient kick since you stay streamlined. It can also be a powerful kick.
Here is a good place to look at video of it.
http://www.5thd-x.com/index2.html

Just tried out a new pair of X-Pert Zooms yesterday...AWESOME. So easy to kick and no knee strain. Best purchase I made in a while.

Back
Top Bottom