Spiegel Grove uprighted by Hurricane Dennis !!??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
First time I was down there, the Spiegal Gove flipped upside down.

Second time I was down there was this last weekend, and it flips again.

hmmm.......

ok dude, don't go back there until i get to dive it right side up

H2Andy:
ok dude, don't go back there until i get to dive it right side up
I hear that they found residue of puke under the hull for lubricant, they are doing DNA testing and found it was of Cuban origin, do you know anything about that Andy? :l: I believe Jenny has an incriminating photo if the authorities continue their search.

yeah well, the alleged hurling took place on the Bentwood, so i'm afraid you've got
the wrong Cuban DNA there, my friend :eyebrow:

Now whadda you guys gonna do that it's in 144 FSW instead of 130 FSW :D

Lil' Irish Temper:
Now whadda you guys gonna do that it's in 144 FSW instead of 130 FSW :D

huh? how'd it change depth unless it moved drastically.???????

We did verify last week that the sand there was 130ft.

Upon further investigation of the recent storm in the Florida Keys, it has been learned that the Bibb and the Duane both suffered unexplained damages.

The Duane fell over on to her Port side while the Bibb is now upright.

The A. Bush is another mystery. She was seen tied up to a dock in Marathon loading Key Limes to replenish the stock reported to have been depleted on the Titanic. The lack of limes has caused some serious problems for the crew and passengers of the Titanic. Having plenty of ice and Tequila they had a full speed mishap trying to locate limes.

Your nightly “Nutzoid News”.

gpatton:
In my opinion, no matter which way the Spiegel rests on the bottom the fish will love it. The Spiegel will benefit the marine habitat off Key Largo, it is just a matter of how much.... Stay tuned pics coming soon!!

Glenn

I just got back from diving the SG. it is definitely upright. I went down on a subsurface buoy that is tied to the port side crane. I went forward to the port side gun turret. I peered down the hallway on the (01) deck just forward to the gun turret. The safety line that was put there by the project crew is still there. There was still a lot of fish on the wreck and in the water column above. The gun turret is now at 75 ft. My max depth was 86 ft. It is a deeper dive now! It will be harder to get out of the current when it is running. Today the current was less the 1 knot.

Unfortunately today the vis was very poor on the descent it was < 20 ft, at 85 ft is around 30 ft...

I will edit the video and pick out some still frame to post on my website about the SG...

http://www.glennpatton.com/Spiegel/index.htm

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom