Spiegel Grove uprighted by Hurricane Dennis !!??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminds me of the post-tsunami rumours a few months ago about the King Cruiser wreck being rolled. It rests just a few miles off of Phi Phi island,which saw massive destruction from the tsunami.

The rumour was total BS.

biscuit7:
Until I actually see a photo of this, I ain't buying it...

R

Ok tough guy (girl), why don't you drive out there and look!

Okay, I took a chance and just booked round trip tickets for my wife and I down to Miami. $196.00 R/T from Baltimore isn't bad. If this turns out to be untrue, I'll still enjoy the diving anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Just spoke to Ocean Divers in Key Largo earlier today and confirmed wreck was upright - said divers sill not allowed on wreck as of a few hours ago but will know more by end of today, or early am. Anyway, I'm booked for Sat. am if they go - anyone what to join me?

VinceDS:
Just spoke to Ocean Divers in Key Largo earlier today and confirmed wreck was upright - said divers sill not allowed on wreck as of a few hours ago but will know more by end of today, or early am. Anyway, I'm booked for Sat. am if they go - anyone what to join me?

Hurricane Emily may have something to say about you diving the SG on Saturday. Emily is supposed to be between Cuba and Jamaica Saturday in the am. I am not sure if Emily will effect Key Largo weather on Sat am....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/144629.shtml?5day

Glenn

Wow!!

The last (and only) time I was sopposed to dive the Grove, we got blown out.

Looks like I'm going to have to plan another trip to the Keys!!! :crafty:

OK guys!

Here's the deal: I flipped the Spiegel Grove over. I was trying a new pair of Jet Fins with spring straps. They are too strong for a mere mortal to dive. I swam into the wreck and VOILA; Upright.

Yes,

Yes,

I know!

I'm the greatest ever.

You are welcome.

Note:

Previous post was not serious. I did not in fact flip the wreck over. My buddy Kevin did. He's an animal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom