SPGs with Metric and Imperial on them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like learning to converse in a second language efficiently, you've got to effectively comprehend & process your thought & speech in that language exclusively --no intermediate translating to English.

You've just gotta learn the Metric System . . .Period. And use only a dedicated analog SPG in Bar Units.

I've totally switched over to metric because it's easier to work with for pre-dive Gas Planning as well as on-the-fly Gas Consumption monitoring & calculations. . .

Read link below for some good tips on easy unit conversions if you have to use them for now. . .
BattlefieldCalculationsDeliaMilliron.pdf

I have am OMS with both PSI and BAR. Since my computer can be switch to metric or imperial, it makes working with either system easy.

I don't really see it as a learning curve, both systems are easy enough to learn. The danger is in the conversion and communication with your buddy if he is using the other system.

I have am OMS with both PSI and BAR. Since my computer can be switch to metric or imperial, it makes working with either system easy.

I don't really see it as a learning curve, both systems are easy enough to learn. The danger is in the conversion and communication with your buddy if he is using the other system.

Agreed. I have an Apeks Pivot2 console with dual scales. I want to replace it with an SPG, but would like to maintain the dual scale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom