Speeding ticket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was home from Japan, visiting my folks, and I'd arranged my car rental when I made my travel arrangements. I got behind the wheel of a white convertible Mustang with a black top and maroon interior. The odometer had 9 miles on it. I had to drive it from LAX to about 50 miles east of Bakersfield -- about 200 miles, all told. That car just wanted to RUN!! It was great...

On my way back to the airport, I was going a little fast.. Well... Quite a lot fast, through a construction zone. Motorcycle cop pulls me over, and being used to driving on the British side of the road, from driving in Japan, I pulled over onto the median. (Man, was he pissed about that!) He asked for my license so I gave him my Japanese license and my international license, which looks like a gray passport sort of thing, written in about 15 languages.

He looked incredulously at me and said, "What's this?!" I explained it to him, and he asked where I was headed. I told him I was headed back to the airport to turn the car in, and then I was flying back to Japan. He said, "Well, I guess it won't do me any good to write you a ticket now, will it?!"

Well, I wasn't about to answer that, so I just... sort of looked up at him. He flipped my licenses back in my lap and said, "Slow it down, Ace! And when an officer pulls you over, pull onto the shoulder, NOT the median!!"

I said, "Yessir," and drove the rest of the way to the airport at a much more prudent speed. :wink:

All the following occurred in my POV not in my truck:

I generally don't speed, but last spring (or maybe the summer before- I don't remember exactly) I was in a rush and I got a ticket for enough to put 2 points on me! We're talking like 80 in a 55- gulp! I was late for my chiropactor appointment and the ticket made me later. It just goes to show that you can't make any time up for speeding.

Then, last summer, I was supposed to meet Notso_ken to go up to Gilboa and I got almost all the way to our meeting spot and realised I didn't have my wetsuit. So I high tailed it back home and came over a rise and there he was (not Ken- it was a cop) coming toward me. I saw him turn around and I pulled right over.

I asked him if he would consider a warning since another ticket like that would affect my job. Can you believe it? He gave me a warning. I was in the same area as the other ticket going about the same speed. I totally deserved a ticket.

I no longer speed. Cruise control and happy music on the radio...

And here I thought that it was you WT.

Get her an Indy car and add her to the list of drivers.

crpntr133:
And here I thought that it was you WT.

Get her an Indy car and add her to the list of drivers.

Min should complete her doctoral degree at Purdue, not Indiana.

Purdue has an annual Grand Prix. She must be a good candidate for another female winner... Possibly next year.....:rofl3:

Sorry to hear about the ticket... got one last year coming back from the St. Lawrence on Labor Day...

LOL...

Yes the good ol' Gran Prix...

Well you can always call the prosecutor's office in Martinsville and ask for diversion. You'll still pay all the costs, but your g/f won't get any points and it isn't reported to the insurance company at least.

If you're lucky and this is a speed trap / ticket mill, often times they just collect the money and don't report anything. :)

Dave

hoosier:
The cop looked being pissed off due to our radar detector. Is it an illegal to have? No..... But why?

Most cops I've spoken to have a fairly dim view of radar detectors. It's a device with very little use other than helping you break the law. I used to use one until I realized I would often gt a warning if I didn't have one visible, and would almost always get a ticket if the cop could see it.

hoosier:
Min should complete her doctoral degree at Purdue, not Indiana.

Purdue has an annual Grand Prix. She must be a good candidate for another female winner... Possibly next year.....:rofl3:

I could have told you that she should be at Purdue. Just glad to see that you are finally seeing the light. :D

crpntr133:
I could have told you that she should be at Purdue. Just glad to see that you are finally seeing the light. :D

Of course it's kinda hard to get a PhD in Music from Purdue seeing as they don't have a Music program! Maybe she should just become an engineer instead?! :wink:

Divin'Hoosier:
Of course it's kinda hard to get a PhD in Music from Purdue seeing as they don't have a Music program! Maybe she should just become an engineer instead?! :wink:

Forgot that she is one of those weird music peoples. Ranks up there with those weird theatre and diving people....followed closely by those soccer dads. :D

crpntr133:
Forgot that she is one of those weird music peoples. Ranks up there with those weird theatre and diving people....followed closely by those soccer dads. :D

Yea ... all those people who don't really have a life!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom