Speeding ticket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In TitleTown, FL (Gville, Fl for the non-college-sports fans), I've commonly observed people going 60+ on one large road with a speed limit of 45. However, the other day, on my way to graduation, I was late. A fat lady on a bicycle (I don't mean to be rude, but the lady was extremely obese.) was riding in the middle of the road at a speed just high enough to keep her moving forwards. 2 lane road, no other cars around, so she didn't bother to get out of my way, and it was a construction area so I couldn't pass her. I was mad.

My dad's speedometer reads 3 mph fast, when it reads. It jumps around, over a 15 mph range, usually. And he drives about 5 under. So he's usually going 5-10 under. He gets mad at people who actually drive the limit.

But I'llnever forget the time when I was learning to drive....we were taking a new route home from a visit to my grandmother's house, and I was instructed to follow my aunt. Well,it's a 35mph small country road, and my aunt was going 70. No joke at all, I litereally had to go 75 to catch up to her. My dad was yelling at me because I was going the speed limit. Oh that was so funny. And at my graduation party thing the other night, that aunt gave me a microwave. Wierd family stories to tell.

Dan Gibson:
Ever hear the saying "8 is great, 9 your mine"?

We had an officer give a presentation about road safety a few years back and he said "Nine: you're fine. Ten: you're mine."

I got a fat ticket in a small town South of Waco on I-35 that met one officer's quota.

I was headed back to Dallas from Austin, after losing my ID (funny story, some other time). I only had a paper copy of my license from the DPS and my student ID. About 1:30am on a long stretch of Texas highway, my Camry wanted to stretch it's legs. I was cruising at between 125 and 130, when my radar lit up with a Ka band signal at 11 bars (why not 10? because "these go to 11.")

I knew I was busted and was pulled over on the left shoulder of the highway to protect the officer and myself as I was sure that I was about to be asked to exit the vehicle. In fact, I had pulled over and was waiting with my paperwork before the officer had even turned around and put his lights on.

After waiting a few minutes for him to catch up to my parked car, he walked up to my car and asked why I was going so fast. "Because I just want to get back home from school," and I proceeded to hand him my documents. After looking at my paper license and my student ID, he asked where my driver's license was. I explained that I was in the process of replacing my missing wallet and was getting the new one shipped back. After a few minutes in his car, he returned, wrote me a ticket for 95 in a 65 and told me to slow it down.... "and stay in school." :rofl3:

It cost me more than $400 and I was worried about a traffic warrant in the area, but I managed to pay it off a year later. I was on a trip through the area and had the check and an appology letter in an envelope that I slid through the door of the police station at 2 am in the morning. Never heard back from them, but they cashed my check, so I think it's all even.

CenTexDivin:
About 1:30am on a long stretch of Texas highway, my Camry wanted to stretch it's legs.

Toyotas will do that :wink:

CenTexDivin:
I was cruising at between 125 and 130, when my radar lit up with a Ka band signal at 11 bars (why not 10? because "these go to 11.")

Too funny :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom