Specialty License Plate update: CALL TO ACTION!!!

Would You purchase a Specialty License plate benefitting the Artificial Reefs?

• Yes

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Yes, but I would like to purchase more than one

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I offered before... I am willing to author and post a petition at one of the online petition hosting sites. I think it would be easier to circulate that website to dive shops and the diving public than hosting a poll here.

It doesn't cost anything.

TwoBit

Rough draft... make comments, suggestions, additions, etc...

The Texas Department of Transportation has a number of specialty plates available to support a number of different causes. Texas Parks and Wildlife has three different specialty plates which are available to support different programs.

Texas has a significant number of scuba divers per capita, yet we are required to travel out of state to dive the kind of sites which are attractive to a large number of divers. Divers like to dive artificial reefs, namely wrecks.

Texas divers would be willing to show support by purchasing a scuba diver specialty plate with the proceeds supporting the Texas Artificial Reef program.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I offered before... I am willing to author and post a petition at one of the online petition hosting sites. I think it would be easier to circulate that website to dive shops and the diving public than hosting a poll here.

It doesn't cost anything.

TwoBit

I agree but seeing how we have only two weeks to get it taken care of I think we might be better off with emails. I will be down at Lake Travis this weekend I will see if I can get some signatures. I figure I will be down there fri sat sun I think I can get a few. That is if I have any time with my AOW. If we want to get some paper work together please let me know by Thursday night so I can pack some as I am leaving Friday moning/afternoon.

I would definatly buy at least one speciality plate, probably two. We need more support for artificial reefs in Texas. It's a small price to pay for the effort.:D

I have posted a copy of the plate on my website, please feel free to download it and post anywhere that it may help generate interest.

www.burnsgraphics.com

user: scott
pass: 1973

go to "Proof List"

it is the only file on there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom