Specialty License Plate update: CALL TO ACTION!!!

Would You purchase a Specialty License plate benefitting the Artificial Reefs?

• Yes

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Yes, but I would like to purchase more than one

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanphibian

Reaction score
I just go off of the phone with ChairmanTARAC and he has requested the following:

"Humanphibian, I discussed the dive plate with TPWD staff and have a meeting with senior staff next week. For this to become a reality,divers need to express support for buying the dive plate on this thread. With enough support we can make it happen."

He has been a very integral part of getting this project to the stage that it is currently at. He has been in contact with numerous people within both TPWD and TxDOT and has all but "closed the sale". That part will be left to the persons that will be spending the money. THAT is us!

I would like to ask everyone that has offered their support to the Texas Dive Flag Licence Plate to PLEASE get back on this thread and voice your opinion. We need to have one "GoTo" place that we can direct the decision makers to, so that they can see for themselves that there are more than just 2-3 people behind this idea. If you have friends, relatives, anyone that you think may be interested......please urge them to sign up on SB and post. Please send e-mails to the following:

Dale Shively: Dale.Shively@tpwd.state.tx.us

Bob Murphy: Bob.Murphy@tpwd.state.tx.us

Larry McKinney: Larry.McKinney@tpwd.state.tx.us

Douglas Peter: Douglas.Peter@tpwd.state.tx.us

John Embesi: John.Embesi@tpwd.state.tx.us

This is the point at which this idea will move forward, or die. Please help push the Specialty Plate past the last hurdle.

MAKE YOURSELF HEARD!!

thanks to everyone that has helped me with this, and those whom have offer their support.

Do you want us to post here that we want the Divers plate or did you want us to email one of those people? What are the email addresses included for? Well, I will want one for sure and so will my husband. There's another question: do you want each of us to post seperately or just one post that says we'll take 2?
sorry I am easily confused.

post it here so that we have a place that we can direct them to to see a "snapshot" of what the dive community thinks. Feel free to e-mail the addresses above just as a secondary effort. It couldn't hurt.

thanks,

I think that this is a great idea! I would definitely want to have one.

Put me down for 2.

I will talk to a few LDS on the way to work today.

Emails will also be sent ASAP.

I'll take two - one for me - one for the wife.

Outstanding idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom