Special Olympics Needs Your Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Received this forwarded:

Hi,
On behalf of Special Olympics Massachusetts, I am contacting you in the hopes of finding 4-7 dry suit divers to volunteer to help at the 6th annual Passion Plunge fundraiser.
The date: Saturday, February 12th
Time: arrive by 10am, in the water for 5-15 minutes, done by around 1pm, unless they stay for the free party afterward.

My husband, Charles, will be coordinating the divers as to what time to suit up, where divers will stand in the water, what to look for, what time to get in and when to get out. This is his 4th year coming out from the Berkshires to do this-ok-I volunteered him as he was coming anyway since I plunge to raise funds for my Berkshire athletes and programs! There is a fun party prior to the plunge at the heated bathhouse, with free food. All divers get a free t-shirt plus our thanks.
Divers are in the water for about 10 minutes-they go in just before the plungers(300-400) come out of the bathhouse, creating a line that plungers know not to go beyond, and stand ready to help if anyone needs assistance(so far this has never happened but we like to err on the side of caution). Once the plungers are out of the water(there is time limit of only a few minutes), the divers come out of the water.They are welcomed at the free party afterward at the Red Parrot, plenty of free hot drinks and hot wings, chowder, etc.
I would appreciate if you could let your members know of this request, and for anyone to contact me as soon as possible, but by January 20th if at all possible.
Another idea-a challenge for any divers who want to really be brave and crazy and plunge into the ocean, like I do, wearing a swimsuit, or at the most, a costume(there are prizes). Each plunger is asked to raise a minimum of $250 and there are incentive prizes that depend on the amount of money raised-plungers can register individually or as a team by going to www.passionplunge.org
It would be fun to see if we could get several dive clubs to challenge each other so feel free to pass this e-mail on to any other dive clubs you know of in the state.
Thanks
In the Spirit of Special Olympics
Peggy Harner
Berkshire Area Manager
Passion Plunger
Special Olympics Massachusetts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom