SPEC Boots for MK10 and MK15 primary regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a long time MK10 fan, I would be very interested in having 1 or 2 boots if/when someone has a spare or a batch is produced.

As a long time MK10 fan, I would be very interested in having 1 or 2 boots if/when someone has a spare or a batch is produced.
Ok @Kupu.
I add you to the list. This autumn I will make some more and send them to the kind people in this thread who helped me in this project.
With these boots a MK10 becomes a truly sealed 1st stage, substantially the same as an Atomic M1.
In practice even better than the latest MK25evo for diving in cold or dirty water...

In practice even better than the latest MK25evo for diving in cold or dirty water...
^^^ This!
And even in warm water that has floaty grit like my coast.
We don't need no stinkin' Mk25!!! :D

Ok @Kupu.
I add you to the list. This autumn I will make some more and send them to the kind people in this thread who helped me in this project.
With these boots a MK10 becomes a truly sealed 1st stage, substantially the same as an Atomic M1.
Thank you!

MK10 was my most used first stage for years, but heavy use in salt water took its toll on the exposed internals. Switched to diaphragm regulators to reduce maintenance needs, but still have several SPEC groove MK10s. The thought of returning them to service makes me happy, it will be like diving with an old friend again.

I must have the only MK10 without the groove... crud

Nice work

Is this project still active? Depending on price, I might be interested in 4x for the MK10 shipped to the US.

Is this project still active? Depending on price, I might be interested in 4x for the MK10 shipped to the US.
I've just started on these (poured silicone). I'm sending a couple to @couv for assessment... If they pass muster I'll let you know. (Process is good... Sizing is being nailed down.)
Respectfully,

James

I've just started on these (poured silicone). I'm sending a couple to @couv for assessment... If they pass muster I'll let you know. (Process is good... Sizing is being nailed down.)
Respectfully,

James
I’d buy a couple for sure if you make enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom