Spearfishing at Morrison Springs???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_redneck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know if spearfishing is allowed in Morrison Springs in Ponce de Leon florida? I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am considering a trip down there some time during the week of November 21. If it works out where I am able to go, I will need a dive buddy. Anyone interested?

Never mind y'all, I apparently overlooked the part on the FWC's website where it specifically prohibits freshwater spearfishing. Methods of Taking Freshwater Fish

Does anyone know if spearfishing is allowed in Morrison Springs in Ponce de Leon florida?

That other provision also has tripped up some spearo's in the past since they didn't know about it.

It is illegal to possess any freshwater fish along with gear that cannot legally be used to take freshwater fish, including gear types listed above and below for taking nongame fish or bait.

Back
Top Bottom