Speaking of vintage equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12th Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I DVR'd the classic movie Creature from the Black Lagoon from 1954. I watched it the other night. Talk about vintage dive equipment. I was digging it each time they pulled out the smaller double AquaLung tanks, suited up with their vintage mask and regulator and down in the water they went. I guess, it was all state of the art back then.

Sorry can't figure out how to post the picture I wanted to share.

Great old movie BTW.

Hi 12th Man
C F T B L 1954.JPG Maybe this will help
john68

That was the picture I was trying to figure out how to upload. Thank you.

wow herman I had to look twice to see it

Just look at my avatar if you want to see vintage equipment:)
Yes, that's me back in the day.

Fact and fiction 1954-style. The latter:
And the former, illustrated in figure 54 below from Hilbert Schenk Jr and Henry Kendall's classic diving manual Shallow Water Diving and Spearfishing, whose first edition Cornell Maritime Press published in 1954, the very same year Universal-International released Creature from the Black Lagoon:
Desco_Schenk&Kendall.jpg

Founded in 1937 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as the Diving Equipment and Salvage Company and still in business today, underwater gear manufacturer DESCO expanded its product base of exclusively professional, commercial and military designs from 1947 to1960 to supply a then growing peacetime leisure market with masks, fins, snorkels, spearguns, aquaplanes and water-skis. 1949-1954 DESCO Water Sports catalogue accessible online at https://www.divedesco.com/Content/files/diveProductDownloads/1949to54DESCOWaterSportsCatalog.pdf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom