Spare handset/controller?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contact Narked@90. They have an excellent reputation for fast and effective service.
N@90 is not in the EU. Having to deal with export paperwork is a huge headache and pricey. The export declaration for goods over 1000 Euros can only be done electronically with some software I don't have or by a forwarding agent. N@90 have unfortunately lost and will continue to lose a lot of buisness thanks to brexit.
The French service center is getting all the EU business now but they can't fix EXT units for some reason.
Thought: keep an eye open for an old Predator that might be cheap. There's one on eBay at the moment
I don't think you can hook up any sw to a JJ. It has to be a DiveCan Petrel for the JJ. I should have bought an mCCR.

Why not speak to Narked@90 and ask them how the paperwork goes. Our Dutch friend seems to have got his kit back.

Anyway, there's the French Shearwater service company who should be back from their "vacances" by now.

Also, you might be able to get a loan Petrel for your DiveCAN JJ. Maybe from JJ or another JJ diver who's not diving at the moment?

Or, alternatively, how about contacting Shearwater in Canada. That is also outside of the EU, but maybe there's special arrangements as it's not the UK?

Why not speak to Narked@90 and ask them how the paperwork goes. Our Dutch friend seems to have got his kit back.
I have spoken to them, as well as to the French place and the Canadians. You can't ship a normal DHL parcel to N@90 anymore and have to ship Express (50 Euro one way) AND have to do the export declaration on top of that. It's not n@90's fault, it's a customs issue, as I said, they got screwed by brexit.
The dutch guy probably got lucky and his shipment wasn't checked by customs. Also, when the product is over 1000 Euros, other rules apply and a standalone Perdix is under 1000 Euros.

Anyway, there's the French Shearwater service company who should be back from their "vacances" by now.
I talked to them, they weren't on vacation but are fairly new and got swamped with work since they're now getting all the EU shearwaters for service. Again, thanks to brexit.
Eitherway, as I said the French place can't fix EXT units and the DiveCan units are EXT units.

That is also outside of the EU, but maybe there's special arrangements as it's not the UK?
And what kind of special arrangement would that be?

Good luck getting it fixed if you're in china. I'm seriously considering selling the JJ and getting a unit that can run with a computer other than shearwater. Outside of the US or the UK the shearwater service is pretty bad. It's a bummer as I used to be a fan of shearwater :(.
Well the SW service is good enought, they will replace my faulty one with a new one.
But I just wouldnt trust SW computer like before...

Well the SW service is good enought, they will replace my faulty one with a new one.
I'm sure mine will get fixed too eventually. Question is, how long it will take, how much it is and how much of a PITA this process will be. I'm already 10 emails and 3 phone calls in.
How long have you been waiting and where have you shipped it to?

I'm sure mine will get fixed too eventually. Question is, how long it will take, how much it is and how much of a PITA this process will be. I'm already 10 emails and 3 phone calls in.
How long have you been waiting and where have you shipped it to?
Took a week of email communication for them to arrange the replacing service. Haven't got the new one, so cant say anything about the time. And I was asking to send the faulty one back to Canada by their cost.
Because I have my old petrel 2 controller still with me, so I dont need to count on the new one. Different situation I think compare to yours.

Yeah, mine is (just) out of warranty. I still would have had to do a customs declaration though.
Just to clarify; the "effort" to send something for repair in the UK and Canada is pretty much the same for you?

Are there not special processes for sending equipment back for repair, i.e. not exporting+importing, but temporarily sending it for repair?

Genuinely curious about this (please, no Brexit points).

Genuinely curious about this (please, no Brexit points).
I already told you in the now deleted post how it's an issue caused by brexit and that you can't send normal dhl pacels to n@90 anymore.
If you're 'genuinely curious' you can call a UK customs office and ask but it wont the ukipper explanation you wanna hear.

Back
Top Bottom