spare air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo:
How do you know where these "blokes" got their training from? Just because a diver acts like an arse doesn't necessarily make him GUE trained. Heck, he might be a BSAC diver. :wink:
As I remember, I was having a squiz at their gear, which was pretty fancily rigged out, asked a few questions and they told me they were DIR divers, which intrigued me at the time, because I'd heard the term but had no idea what it mean't, that's why I remember. And not many Aussies (not native born ones anyway) train with BSAC.

Once they got started about DIR, it was like talking to the bloody Jesuits about the Virgin Birth.

Trickie Dickie 99:
As I remember, I was having a squiz at their gear, which was pretty fancily rigged out, asked a few questions and they told me they were DIR divers, which intrigued me at the time, because I'd heard the term but had no idea what it mean't, that's why I remember. And not many Aussies (not native born ones anyway) train with BSAC.

Once they got started about DIR, it was like talking to the bloody Jesuits about the Virgin Birth.

I wish it were that easy to "Do It Right". Just buy some fancy gear and say that you are DIR. Lot's of material in the internet though so it's pretty easy to fake.

I'm glad we're all smart enough not to characterize a group based on a couple of people who may or may not just be wanna be's.

Berdman:
The reg I am going to use is a mk5 1st with a Sherwood octo. I had them serviced when I bought them, the only prob with the set up is the spg didn’t work so I was SOL, but now I have a use for it. When they got serviced I was told they are a hard breathing reg that was the only issue with it. From what scubaboard told me is a mk5 is a very good 1st stage.

I have 2 Mk 5, and they are great regs. I also use 1 on a 19 pony. I'm not familiar with the Sherwood Octo, but I'd bet your fine with that setup as long as it's been serviced (which you did).

Although I don't sling mine like TD99, I really don't see what the problem is as long as it works for him. I've never been 1 to say which way work best. I try different sthings, and go with what I feel works best for me. My advice is try out a few setups with your rig. You'll figure it out.

Adobo:
I wish it were that easy to "Do It Right". Just buy some fancy gear and say that you are DIR. Lot's of material in the internet though so it's pretty easy to fake.

I'm glad we're all smart enough not to characterize a group based on a couple of people who may or may not just be wanna be's.

That's a fair comment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom