spare air advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any of you that have a DOA spare air that you'd like to "get rid of" send me a PM.

I wouldn't even think about using a backup air supply less than 13 cuft. Anything less and it's probably safer to do a free ascent.

An often overlooked size pony is the 19 cuft. It's a lot more air but still the same diameter as a 13 so it doesn't add much bulk over a 13. If you step up to a 30, I prefer the Luxfur 30 over the Catalina 30 because the Luxfer is smaller in diameter.

Now for an old diver question....How many of you have used a steel size E oxygen cylinder as a pony?

Ron

We use a 19 for the dive team, I also have a 13 I use at times if solo diving . I paid around $160.00 for my pony in hydro and visual and a decent first and second stage plus the guy threw in the mounting straps. Look around you can find deals, a new pony can be had for well under a $100 and personally I think the spare air lack suff. air to get the job done safely to allow for Mr.Murphy.

Back
Top Bottom