Spanish Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Incoming tides this weekend till about 1300-1400, so I'll be at Red Rocks 1000- 1100 on saturday and Spanish Rocks about the same time sunday (they are both about the same distance from me).

Well the wife and I are definitely in for Sunday. Any takers for Fri?

Incoming tides this weekend till about 1300-1400, so I'll be at Red Rocks 1000- 1100 on saturday and Spanish Rocks about the same time sunday (they are both about the same distance from me).

Am I to infer from this statement, that viz is better on an incoming tide than an outgoing tide?

Or is it for some other reason, like easing the exit so as not to be fighting the outgoing tide after the dive?

As a general rule the viz tends to be better on an incoming tide, especially near a pass (like the Venice jetties). The incoming tide brings clearer offshore water inshore, outgoing tides tend to bring murkier inshore/bay waters to the beachfront via the passes.

It can be, but it is also a very easy shore dive.

South West winds to 15 MPH are predicted for all weekend. I'm thinking of changing saturday plans to diving service club, only because its closer. If I get blown out I'd rather be 20 minutes from home than pay $6 for toll and parking and be an hour from home, just to turn around. I'll play sunday by ear.

78 degrees right down the beach at the sugar barge. Only about 3 foot of visability.

Looks like weather is not going to cooperate. 15-25 mph SW winds predicted for tomorrow so will probably be worse. I think my wife and I are going to the Hudson Grotto instead. Thinking about doing Ginnie next week though.

Looks like weather is not going to cooperate. 15-25 mph SW winds predicted for tomorrow so will probably be worse. I think my wife and I are going to the Hudson Grotto instead. Thinking about doing Ginnie next week though.

Was just going to ask if you guys headed out. That wind was a bit on the wild side, at least for diving.

We ended up diving Service Club Saturday (5-10-08) morning before the wind shifted. Water temp was 79-80, viz was 10-15 ft. Found plenty of teeth, but no braggers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom