SP MK 25 IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Checking the IP of my SP MK-25 because both G250's started to seep air, even with the resistance knobs all the way in. It eventually seemed to lock up around 160 psi on the gauge. Re-adjust 2nds or service the reg? Opinions reg gurus and anyone else with 2 cents to put in? Thanks.

Service the reg — 160psi sounds high and out of spec for sure, I am already disappointed yesterday seeing 150psi on one mk25 just yesterday— probably have to change at least the seat

After getting the mk25 to “calm down” its IP, retune the 2nd stage

It's been kinda coming on slowly over the last few months. Noticed I was having to gradually increase resistance to deal with the constant air seepage when diving, now they seep air no matter what.

Sounds like it's telling you it needs service. When did you service it last?

It's been kinda coming on slowly over the last few months. Noticed I was having to gradually increase resistance to deal with the constant air seepage when diving, now they seep air no matter what.
That's what you might expect as the 1st stage starts to wear and be ready for its service interval. IP creeping up, not locking up, etc. Normal IP range for the Mk25 is 125-145. Good on you for checking it. Get it serviced and it will be as good as new.

How quickly does IP lockup to 160? When you open the tank, does it go there fast or in steps (say to 130-140, and then increases over time?)
I am experiencing the latter wich tells me the seat is too far degraded, probably piston oring as well

How quickly does IP lockup to 160? When you open the tank, does it go there fast or in steps (say to 130-140, and then increases over time?)
I am experiencing the latter wich tells me the seat is too far degraded, probably piston oring as well
It starts at around 140 and is at 160 in about 2 minutes. Yes I think I'll just have it serviced, it's been a little over a year, and lots of dives.

well that's not THAT bad (still needs service prob), mine 2 minutes from 115 to 130, takes 5 minutes to 140, an hour to 150.. bad creep

Back
Top Bottom