Southern Leyte Diving (December 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koya Caloy, you can temporarily add me to the list of divers for Southern Leyte, Ill join depends on the budget. Pls. PM me details especially the rates, and itinerary as well if it's already planned. :)

ishbaby:
Koya Caloy, you can temporarily add me to the list of divers for Southern Leyte, Ill join depends on the budget. Pls. PM me details especially the rates, and itinerary as well if it's already planned. :)
I will Ish. I'll email the two dive ops and try to wrangle some concessions our way. No freebie for me here guys.

it would help if you state your preferences i.e. single room, aircon room, fan room and willing to bunk with another diver.

Lifted this rates from the website of Peter's -

Resort accommodations
Experience the tropical life in comfort. Whatever your choice of accommodation, you will enjoy a breathtaking view of Sogod Bay and a coastline unmarred by urban development.

ACCOMMODATION TYPE PRICE‡
Deluxe cottage† $35
Duplex cottage†† $30
Family cottage* $25
Standard cottage** $19
Double/twin room $12
Single room $8

All rates in US dollars;
‡ Per day
† Airconditioned with twin beds
†† Airconditioned with double beds
* Good for 3 people
** Twin beds

I have emailed them and have asked for a good group package. I'll post the reply as soon as I get it. Better to be transparent about all this so you'll know what you'll get for your money.

ps- have also asked how long or when is the deadline on the option date, December being peak season and all.

Thanks all

If I don't get to dive Southern Leyte this April as previously planned, count me in for December.

Posting Subzero's (Enrique) earlier email exchange with Peter Morritt (owner of Peter's Dive Resort) and mine - start at the bottom of this post please:D .

Re: Peter's email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgsamson
Pards, can I quote the whole text of Peter's email to you re diving in sounthern leyte in a new thread?

thanks,

caloy
Here;s the whole thread:
Hi Enrique
The single and twin rooms are cheap at US$7 and US$12 but they only have acommon bathroom with cold water only. The windows are sealed however and the 2 Twins have an excellent view.
The trip from Baybay is around 2.5 hours on a good road.
Was going to suggest you come in November especialy if you plan to bring a bunch of people with you. Reason is Dec is nearly always wet and cold and windy. Sure you would enjoy more if you can be here a month earlier.
Anyway let me know . Other suggestion is come February as weather starts to get better then
Cheers
Peter

Enrique Gaona <egaona1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your prompt response. My wife is from Baybay, Leyte and most likely we'll be there around the 17th of December and I can be in your resort on the 18th. How far of a drive is it from Baybay to Padre Burgos? Is it about 3 hours? As for the cottage that I would like to rent, I was thinking of just going with either single or the double room, since I'll be the only one. At this time, I'm not sure if my wife would like to come along. If so, then I would have to get you Deluxe cottage. Can you please tell me a bit about the single and twin rooms? Are the windows screened so mosquitos are kept out of the room? Do they have their own toilets and bath?

One other thing, a bunch of folks from the Scubaboard PPD forum are planning on going there as well. I'm trying to convince them in going at the same time. Cheers.

Enrique
----- Original Message -----
To: Enrique Gaona
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: Diving and resort rates

Hi Enrique
Ok no problem we can certainly work out an attractive package for you.
Firstly Whaleshark season is Nov to June. We have seen many of them this month. Sugggest you check our web site and first select your accomodation preferance as we have different kinds of cottages and rooms available.
We do need definate dates of arrival and departure as Dec can get booked very early especialy around Xmas and new year. Our web site is www.whaleofadive.com
and is very comprehensive. Im sure you will enjoy the 26 dive sites we have in the bay which has everything from whalesharks and dolphins and turtles to Nudibranches and Frog fish. Also the soft and hard corals here are among the best in the country.Hope to here from you soon.
Cheers
Peter
(PETERS DIVE RESORT)

Enrique Gaona <egaona1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'll be going back to the Philippines in December and have been thinking of visiting your resort while I'm there. When is the best time to see the whale sharks? Do you do any type of diving packages? If I go, I'd probably would like to do 4 - 5 dives/day and stay in your resort for about 3 or more days. Do you have a link of your room rates as well? Cheers

Enrique

Back
Top Bottom