Southern Leyte Unavalible - Where to Next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natal_nihilist

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have very limited leave available at the moment and I have unfortunately had to cancel my Tubbataha liveaboard trip over Easter. I thought I would pivot to Southern Leyte since that is the one part of the Philippines I haven't dived yet and I prefer to do my flyaway dives over a long weekend. However 6 - 10 April is unavalible everywhere it seems, I've tried Sogod Bay, Peter's, Padre Burgos Castle and Southern Leyte Divers all unavailable.

I'm looking for suggestions on where to go now. Bohol and Coron are off the cards since they're the two trips either side, as is anything near Manila (Subic/Anilao/PG) - please don't make me drive SLEX that weekend. I'm thinking maybe a return to Dauin or Moalboal or try an expedition to Donsol/Ticao. I'm also open to getting out of the country as well. It will cost me the same to fly to Bali or Saigon as it does to fly to Dumagete. Really open to any ideas at this stage.

Pity.
Easter is never a good time to book a trip in the country.
From my previous experiences, not that much over Easter weekend, traffic was manageable on SLEX during day time before Easter(Good Friday), 5hrs to reach Subic from NAIA(around 10:00am set off). The other time was to catch a transfer to Palau on Good Friday. We thought Manila traffic would be chock-a-block but turned off it was absolutely dead. We left early for NAIA T1 and arrived in no time at all.
Anilao should be very very busy with the crowd(Pinoys) from Manila or elsewhere.
PG has ferry to catch.

Dived and stayed there twice many yrs ago.
The best site is right below the resort!
Flight to General Santos should not be too expensive.
If the place is full you can always find a place to stay in the city and arrange your own transport to the dive shop. Dive sites around the city is very ordinary. Paul(owner) might be able to give you a lift!!!

Davao is another option. Dive sites are far but not bad at all.
Carabao Dive Center.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom