South Jersey shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe I need to do more investigation on the doubles.

I finished the wreck diving class, but I still need to do the 4 wreck dives to get my whizzy card for my collection.

Get comfortable diving Jersey with a single tank before you go with the doubles. You can still hit a wreck at 100 feet on a single, but I would grab a pony, and toss the spare air. If your worried about air consumption try a larger tank, or a steel tank.

Get comfortable diving Jersey with a single tank before you go with the doubles. You can still hit a wreck at 100 feet on a single, but I would grab a pony, and toss the spare air. If your worried about air consumption try a larger tank, or a steel tank.
this is what i do. even though my air consumption is pretty good i just like having more gas so i dive a steel lp 95. gives me plenty of time with a full fill. plus a steel tank gets weight off that belt.

I've done all of my diving in mostly tropical waters, and much like the OP, I'm sure I'm not fully exposure protected to go down on a deep dive here in Jersey with just a 7mm.

I've just bought a bunch of gear to begin diving in Jersey and I want to take it out somewhere calm and easy just to put it all on for the first time in the water and give it all a run through. Is there somewhere where you can just dive off of one of the public beaches?

I can't seem to find any regulations on it except for the general one that says that any navigable waterway is diveable, unless otherwise specified. I can't find anything that says you can't dive off a public beach so far, but my buddy thinks it is.

Would be great to hear any suggestions for spots or known rules about beach diving.

I've done all of my diving in mostly tropical waters, and much like the OP, I'm sure I'm not fully exposure protected to go down on a deep dive here in Jersey with just a 7mm.

I've seen plenty of divers out there in a 7mm from early May till November. It just depends on your tolerance

I'm in a 5mm for Shore Dives this time of year.

I wear a 5mm too but I have a 3/5 hooded vest underneath. My buddy can go with a 3mm. He's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom