Source for MS & AC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all,

I know LF and www.scubacompressor have all chemical elements though. I was wondering if there are any other good sources that you guys are using.

It looks like that LF has more comprehensive list (such as an Activated Alumina, Desiccant blend, and etc…..) compared to any other places. But, it must be pricey.

LF is also using the same size of chemical elements as pescador775 pointed out, but I am wondering if there is no performance difference between a breathing air designed and fish fool designed (like on eBay)?

In addition, is there any performance difference between a repacking cartridge and a disposal one?

This tiny PO doesn’t really last long, so I am thinking to convert PO to a water separator by only packing MS.

rjack321:
I'll be hitting them up for pads soon, I threw some out before I discovered they're washable.

Gee~~ I didn't know that it can be recyclable... :confused:

Where will you get the ring type pad? You are supposed to cut the center hole by yourself....

just make a little mini-garment bag and toss them in the washer.

I have a "strip" which I just wrap around the inlet holes - no "ring". I don't do the BS packing that airtex has in their directions. I do:
pad-13x-pad-AC-pad

no 13x after the AC.

You want 13x, alumina isn't worth the slightly lower cost.

As far as just using 13x as a prefilter, you then run into the issue of exhausting the AC in your second filter. I don't want to make decisions about if the 2nd filter is used up. So I run the little PO with 13x and AC and change it out when RH is >20%.

The second filter which is a more expensive 13x-hopcalite-AC cartridge I change every ~70 hours. It would probably go longer, but it starts to look like AC dust might break through the final pad at this time. So I change it. The pH strip in there has never changed.

I also did in the same way after reading an issue: pad-13x-pad-AC-pad.

However, it seems that Airtek keeps using their instruction until they hear any feedback from Alkin engineers at this moment.

What strip? Is there any special strip? I have no clue. :confused:

Actually, I am thinking to run PO as a water seperator by packing it with MS.

hoosier:
I also did in the same way after reading an issue: pad-13x-pad-AC-pad.

However, it seems that Airtek keeps using their instruction until they hear any feedback from Alkin engineers at this moment.

What strip? Is there any special strip? I have no clue. :confused:

Actually, I am thinking to run PO as a water seperator by packing it with MS.

In your 2nd filter, you're using ready made cartridges right? Inside the clear plastic housing, about 2/3rds of the way up from the inlet is a blue moisture strip.

The problem with just using the PO as a prefilter is you will need to change out the 2nd filter before the AC is saturated with all the stuff it removes. There's no good way to know that, other than logging time/volume I suppose.

I run the PO as my primary filter and change it when the moisture is >20%RH. That was I know I have breathable gas coming out of there. The 2nd is just used for "polishing" in my system. Ensuring 02 grade and in case I goof and let the primary go an hour too long there's no breakthrough of any narcotic vapors.

The AC and 13x are cheap and its easy to change out that PO. The more expensive cartridges are only replaced every 6-9 months. This seems to be reasonable since the little moisture strip in the 2nd filter has never even started to turn pink indicating the 13x in there is loading up with water.

Thanks.. I got it...

You are always ahead of me in this matter. Great mentor on the project!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom