Source for 20 foot LP hose / in water oxygen Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wallowa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am trying to source [where to buy] a 20 foot LP hose for 100 oxygen use as a safety stop decompression adjunct ["oxygen window"]....could not find on forum a detailed thread describing setup and sources for reg/hose/tank..any information appreciated....

DSO

Northeast Scuba Supply?

Piranha Dive Manufacturing?

5m or 10m versions. Get the 10M and have some on-deck scope ...
My application of oxygen at 20 fsw [less for my altitude dives] safety stop is to give my old bod an edge not because I will be pushing NDL....Hookah, too much gear....not for boat dives but shore dives off a float...solo dives...many at altitude...another question pertains to the oxygen bottle valve...I will have a full jumbo D double DAN kit topside but not certain of the bits and pieces I need between the O2 bottle on float and second stage at 20 ft...any suggestions appreciated and thanks for all the input!

Forgot....To get oxygen bottle filled in USA do I need a CGA-540 valve in tank? Still sourcing bottle also.

DSO

I meant that if you get the 10m hose (33ft) you will have sufficient length for 20ft of depth plus some horizontal and up and over the side length to work with.

You are just building a tank-supplied Oxygen hookah.

With the appropriate cert, you should be able to get Oxygen fills to an appropriate DIN - valved tank at a tech oriented dive shop, but you can also get various adapters to comnect to your DIN valve that will fit various fill whips.

why not just dive as rich a nitrox mix as possible and then add more conservatism to your ndl settings until you no longer need to go through this effort?
Lots of good ideas..but the nearest dive shop is 4 hours drive each way....I am nitrox certified, but no desire to dive nitrox or place to fill bottle, I have my own MCH-6 compressor [air]...oxygen cert? I was a DAN oxygen instructor if that is what you mean...what regulators would you recommend for this application?

Thanks for suggestions and your time...

DSO

Back
Top Bottom