Sounds like the SCUBA Board to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bringing the right equipment is certainly an issue...

There is an important variable being left out which might affect certain individuals in Vegas, specifically in the Convention centers. Thanks to Guido and his crew...ahem... I mean the "courteous and ever so polite union members, which are only there to help you with your trade show booth", only certain type of halogen lights are approved for useage. If you show up with the wrong type, expect harassment...darn it... I did it again... ( I mean a "friendly" dialog) from the Fire Marshals which will more than likely result in your wallet / purse being a little lighter. (pun intended)

Don

BHAAHAAAHAAA.....

When I posted the original joke I never dreamed that it would go this far.

Keep it coming.

Scott

PALC (Professional Association of Lightbulb Changers)
Master Lightbulb Changer Trainer

mars2u once bubbled...

Depends if you bought the right equipment.

I must have the right equipment – I bought it from these guys downtown (NYC) who walked me through the purchase step by step.

The odd thing is NO ONE has ever seen them dive (oops my bad :embarr: )I mean change a light bulb:confused:

M.A.H. once bubbled...
I have just obtained by basic cert in incandescent light bulb changing as well as my advanced for florescent. And I want to continue my training but I and torn between the years of practice and training required by most instructors or should I take one of those 7 day accelerated programs

The Mexican program offers to teach me all about halogen, mercury vapor, sodium; BOTH low and high pressure, metal halide and the complete Masterline: PAR 16, PAR 20, PAR 30 SHORT and LONG neck. And much much more.

BTW I have only changed about 20 bulbs and half of those were in a confined area.

Am I ready????

Start with a Neon class before you go on to the other more exotic gasses. Neon will allow you to change lightbulbs that are no more than 100' above ground (MOH) and then you can try the others at greater heights.

You people who are still using those ingnorant filiment LBOD designed by people who can't even see, get with the program!! They now make LEDs that RARELY need changing, are simplicity at it's best, plus low power usage and they don't break. Jeez.

All of the major associations would be blamed for the lack of balance control seen in light-bulb changers due to the fact that all of the instructors are teaching using scaffolds instead of the 7ft ladder which is the 'right' way. This lack of balance control will be a major contributor to carpet damage since the scaffolds are needed in order to change the bulb. :confused:

That keeping the light bulb on the floor while changing it is a sensible way of reducing the bulb's task loading, and that only after it has been changed, should it learn to hang in the air at a constant height

Meanwhile 5 argue that there is no point changing a light bulb on the floor when it will then spend all its time in the air, and that it has to master the art of hanging in the air before it even begins to get changed.

I'm so sorry, but I have yet to hear anyone mention that you must first be trained on the various types of sockets before even considering the light bulb training program. Jeez.

{{{Chuckle}}}

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Aquanaut713 once bubbled...
I'm so sorry, but I have yet to hear anyone mention that you must first be trained on the various types of sockets before even considering the light bulb training program. Jeez.

Sockets must be visually inspected by a Qualified socket test inspector once a year, and Electrically tested under a load rated at 5/3 their working wattage at least once every 5 years, or after each contact cleaning.

When changing a Lightbulb, Do I do it with the Light switch in the Up position or the Down position?

Also, I have read online about the Dreaded Three-Way Switch! Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

I have a Friend who has been changing Lightbulbs since before there was a certification and he says the switch needs to be down, and not to worry about three way switches because he has never seen any.

Back
Top Bottom