Sounds like the SCUBA Board to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't go changing any lightbulbs in the UK until you have had several months of training first in confined light bulb changing conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to do so without this training is just plain SUICIDE!!!

GeekDiver once bubbled...
New-be question? I've only use light bulbs and report bulb outages due to safety concerns. What do we do if the bulb is broken? Is there training to develope the skills or do you just mentor with some one who has experiance. Is there some type of drill to practice the aspects of light bulb replacement. What about prevention technics to avoid breaking the bulb while changing. Always being safety minded I think people should eq themselves with a bandage kit in case of cuts while changing a bulb should a break occure.

Did you mean, "Techniques"? :wink:

53 flamers needed! :D

Aw...Come on..Leave the poor spellers alone, being one of them I know how irritating it is to be corrected just because your don't speak english as mother tongue.

Flame on you!!

52 flamers still needed..:D

Padipro once bubbled...
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

Light Bulb Options

Although I am surprised that no one has switched to the new lamp-integrated batteries. No more worrying about replacing the bulb.

Lieutenant_Bob once bubbled...
Aw...Come on..Leave the poor spellers alone, being one of them I know how irritating it is to be corrected just because your don't speak english as mother tongue.

Flame on you!!

52 flamers still needed..:D

picking on peeple who can't speel

shame on ya'll

51 flamers still needed!!

Paul =-)

Before you can even think about lamp integrated batteries it is imparitive that the physical characteristics of the batteries are understood. Not only are the proper background, installation training, tools, protective eye and body gear and safe room required, but there are the requirements for environmental impact awareness, proper disposal techniques (and it is spelled correctly) and let's not forget the well read owners manual. I assume the need for redundancy goes without saying along with proper use (not shining in anyones eyes). Using a new light without first satisfying yourself and everyone else that all of these prerequisites have been satisified could have deadly consequence. So for all our sakes, if you are going to use them, Get It Right, and Do It Right, the Frst Time and Every Time. Remember BULB (Bad Understanding Leaves Bodies)

:doctor:

Dive Safe and Often

I have been in the light bulb ( lightbulb in the U.K. ) changing business for almost 30 years. I have worked with some of the best there are and ( modesty aside ) consider myself among the top 5 LBC's ( light bulb changers to the uninitiated )in the world. I run one of the top companies in my area and have certified over 1500 LBC's as well as over 200 LBC instructors.

If you want true training ( not the 2 day LBC certs ), PM me and you will have the best the industry has to offer.

Remember, it's the instructor and not the agency.:)

Scuby_Diver once bubbled...
I am planning a trip to the UK and thought I would try my hand at changing some bulbs over there. I was wondering if there was any training available for the lower voltage bulbs. Also, I need to study up on their fixtures. I talked to the folks ay my LBS but they are clueless.

:doctor:

:flame:
But our lightbulbs are all 240V, isn't that higher than your 110V lightbulbs?

Another 51 please :)

Dom

In MY Basic Light Bulb Changing Course, we really didn't spend much time changing light bulbs. But we learned all about it. My instructor told me I didn't really need to take the Advanced class. He said I would learn on my own as I got more experience changing them.

He's one of the best instuctors there is. He was changing light bulbs back when it was only done by the military.

BTW I almost fell off the step ladder the other day, as I was turning around while holding the bulb.

Back
Top Bottom