Some one with a Calulater and conversion Chart?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swamp Rat

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying to figure out the Cubic feet of air in a 14.5 liter tank at 244 bar (I hope that is 3500psi) and then the same size take at 3180psi. I dont have a clue on how to figure that one out.

A 14.5 L tank at 244 bar will deliver approximately 123 ft^3 of air at atmospheric pressure. 14.5 L* 244 bar = 3538 L*Bar, converting the 3538 L*Bar to ft^3*atm gives 123 ft^3 at 1 atmosphere. This is neglecting the compressibility of air however. When that is taken into account the free air delivered is approximately 116 ft^3. The same tank at 3180 pisg will deliver approximately 107 ft^3 when accounting for the compressibility of air.

What’s the matter, get a short fill?

omar

No short fill. Have a steel tank and the best I can figure from the tables from faber its the 14.5 liter tank. It doesnt have the Cubic ft stamped on the tank anywere. It also has the 10% over fill which allows me to get it filled to 3498psi right now. But when the next Hydro comes around it might only get filled to 3180psi after that. And well its nice to be able to figure air consumption rates.
Really appreciate the help Omar.

Originally posted by Swamp Rat
Ok I'm trying to figure out the Cubic feet of air in a 14.5 liter tank at 244 bar (I hope that is 3500psi) and then the same size take at 3180psi. I dont have a clue on how to figure that one out.

I believe the tanks in question are Faber tanks:

14.5lt x 61.02 = 884.79cf /1728 = .512 cf x 226.13= 115.78cf @3500 psi & 104.20 @3180 psi

TI

There is a question here about the source of the 226.13?

If this is ATM then
226.13 ATM = 229.13 BAR = 3323.2 psi

oamr

Originally posted by omar
There is a question here about the source of the 226.13?

If this is ATM then
226.13 ATM = 229.13 BAR = 3323.2 psi

oamr
The source of the value of 226.13scf (@3500psi) is US Steel Engineers Handbook for real gases which is stated in standard cubic feet (scf) compressed into one cubic foot of liquid volume at the given pressure. This formula stated is uses when the water capacity and service pressure in known values.

You statement is not relevant. The original inquiry was about volume.

TI

Well Thomas this happens when you do not state the units and/or carry them through the equation. If you see my original response to the original question you will see that I posted a value of approximately 116 scf @ 3500 psig (I figured 115.9) The same value that you came up with. I am also wondering about the delivered volume att 3180.

omar

And I have never heard of "US Steel Engineers Handbook for real gases". What is the ISDN # and publisher?

omar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom