Solvent to clean stickers / duct tape glue off of cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good ole Zippo fluid (or Ronsonol...whatever you have around).

I use "Goof Off" on my stage bottles but they're painted. Won't guarantee it on galvanized but will likely work well.

Tom

Jonscubas - try goo-gone, it works great on sticker residue.

I was wondering if anybody here has used Goof Off on a PST steel tank to take off sticker residue or would this harm the gallvanized finish. Thanks Ed

It will not harm the finish. Galvanize is not a paint its zinc metal that is melted into a liquid and the tank is dipped in it.

Captain

Will try them both.

If all of those other remedies fail, you might try Blaster Decal and Sticker Remover - you should be able to find it at your local Auto Zone or Pepboys. Do not use it on spray paint, but it is fine for professionally applied paint and metal finishes. For even tougher decals (although I can't imagine DSR not working on anything that could have been reasonably applied to a scuba tank) you can step up to Pinstripe removers - I prefer the Astro pad with an arbor in a good drill - this is what body shops use to strip huge decals and pinstripes off of cars - used carefully it will not harm the paint and works really quickly.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom