Suggestion Solved: Book Review Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ScubaDocER

ScubaDocER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Would it be worth it to create a forum designed to comment on books related to diving? A fiction and non fiction section? An educational section? A medical section? etc. Or would this complicate things. There are times when I would love to know of a good book on decompression procedures and theory or just a great book on fish id in the Caribbean. A book forum may be a great place to discuss these issues. Like an online book club.

I will make the first non-suggestion. Shipwreck Hunter, by Gerald Volgenau. the book is about Dave Trotter's team, and one of the divers get's bent. Book is over priced and the story go's nowhere.

Would it be worth it to create a forum designed to comment on books related to diving? A fiction and non fiction section? An educational section? A medical section? etc. Or would this complicate things. There are times when I would love to know of a good book on decompression procedures and theory or just a great book on fish id in the Caribbean. A book forum may be a great place to discuss these issues. Like an online book club.

With the option of possibly reviewing dive related DVDs?

Art

I like this idea and think there is enough interest in diving books to make a forum out of it. I am a diving bibliophile and though my collection is full of older books I would like to keep up with newer books that other readers find interesting.

No, not at all- it's up to the membership-

See this FAQ- ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: General Forum Usage

If enough members ask for the forum the staff will be happy to create it. If the rrquest dies with only a few folks chiming in then the staff asumes there won't be enough support for a new forum.

So if you like the idea- post here and say so!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom