Solo Drysuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, Just wondering how you solo divers get your back zip drysuits on? Im just curious?

All solo divers I know use front zip drysuits. I'm not sure a back zip can be a solo suit. Heck, I'm not sure my front zip can be a solo suit.

It took some practice, but now I can close and open my back zipper. I use a S hook on a bunge cord. Hook one end in my back door of my van and the other end on my zipper loop, extend my arms and slowly twist my body zipping the zipper closed. Its easy to remove, closing takes a little practice.

I've been able to don and doff my backzip TLS350 fine by myself... not a solo diver though... yet! :wink: Looking at a front zip suit ATM though, need a custom fit.

It takes me a bit longer, but I can open and close my back zip drysuit myself. Trilam suits are easier because you can pull them up off your shoulder to reach the zipper more easily. My crushed neoprene suit is tough, but manageable. I have to look at my reflection in my truck window to keep the undergarment out of the zipper.

When I had a backzip,I used to hammer big nails in trees and doorposts and it worked just fine.now I have a front zip, but my nails are still allover the place:D

Both my suits right now are front zip, but when I had a back zip I could handle it without assistance.

Could you simply attach a longer, removable, cord to the zipper?
Thats how i don my windsurfing wetsuit, which has a vertical zipper on the back.
(It dont fit anymore btw, but thats a different topic)

300bar diver:
When I had a backzip,I used to hammer big nails in trees and doorposts and it worked just fine.now I have a front zip, but my nails are still allover the place:D

That was my imagination, but you did it in real life. LOL~~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom