Solo diving at Buddy's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anybody have experience with solo diving at Buddy's?
Last time I was there in 2003 it was fine.

Thanks Tursiops. The person booking the trip seems to think it's an issue ;-)

Thanks Tursiops. The person booking the trip seems to think it's an issue ;-)
I suppose it could be an issue, depending on the diver......
Is the booking person a dive-travel agent?

Lost dove Bonaire May 2014, stayed at Buddy Dive Resort, dove solo including on the house reef and even rented a pony bottle from them, but I did show my SDI Solo cert. card.

Obviously after you load up the tanks & drive off site, they can't police you. Nobody ever stopped me over the course of several dives on the house reef to challenge my solo diving there.

Richard.

I did 2 night solo dive there this week, no one said a word about. And I wasn't staying at the resort. But if you go on one of there boats they want a solo cert.

I suppose it could be an issue, depending on the diver......
Is the booking person a dive-travel agent?
Yes.

I'll take my solo card along.

Thanks everyone.

At what depth are you confident with diving solo?
At what depth are you confident at night diving solo?

These are the two questions that must be answered for anyone who enters the water as a solo diver...

Experience is both a learning process, as well as a challenge to one's limits...

Knowing the 1st bottom is102' at one location and doing a "bounce" dive in Bonaire as a solo diver to give me my max depth for a solo dive at night is one thing, but... is it the maximum I would dive with another diver (at night, or otherwise), not likely. I have made dives without fins and endured dives where one of my fins were "stolen" for a time (requiring me to J-fin), but these dives were far more memorable than any dive I have made during a solo dive (other than the time I was diving solo at Venice Beach, Fl. when a Manatee bumped me in my back and insisted I "play with him" until he got bored, but that was only 15' of water)...

Depth and solo are not exclusive.. Learn to dive well with others and you will have many more memories to recall

Thanks for the PSA, which has little to do with my question ;-)

I done it a number of times, don't ask, don't tell and it's very unlikely you will get any static from the staff....self appointed scuba police are a different matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom