Solo cert on Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Continued thanks for the helpful feedback. I’ve seen people mention they dive with their pony rigs pressurized but closed. I’m wondering if this means they enter the water with the system pressurized then they close the pony tank valve until needed, to keep water from entering the 1st stage (which I'm guessing is what could happen if the pony valve is never opened after the reg is attached) and at the same time prevent free run from the 2nd? (Please advise if this is drifting OT and I will start a new thread.)

i think no one answer on question. I was contacted some DC and no one make problem to do solo diving there. Usualy they rent in 6days unlimited diving 2 cylinders at same time. So enought for sidemount solo example :wink:

Agree with above. Dive friends have no issue with me solo and just refill my sidemounts as opposed to swapping.

Max 2 tanks though which is a bit of pain as I can easily do 3-4 night dives...but am now restricted to 2 max until the shop reopens in the morning :(

Max 2 tanks though which is a bit of pain as I can easily do 3-4 night dives...but am now restricted to 2 max until the shop reopens in the morning :(

I switched to Div'Ocean for this reason (among others) -- they have 24 hour access to their tank shed, so you can do night/dawn dives to your heart's content.

Div’Ocean has a tank shed that you can access while the store is closed. Dive Friends does not.
There is 24/7 tank access at Dive Friends Sand Dollar, I can't vouch for their other 6 locations. I would be surprised if some/all of them did not also have access. I stay at Den Laman and also have 24/7 access to the dive pier, tanks, and Bari Reef :)
upload_2019-8-7_19-6-42.png

Arrived at Delfins a couple of hours ago. Staying in a 4 bed villa. Pretty happy so far. Really nice vibe around the pool and at sunset bar drinks. Throw any questions you may have. Happy to answer them now or over the next couple of days. We are here for just over 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom