Softwear Undergarmets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or, at the prices Janice charges, why not get both the 200 and 300 - you'll stilll be paying less than one from DUI.

Many thanks for telling me about Janice's undergarments. I had weasels and they made me feel like the good year tire model. Plus I could'nt reach my valves! This fleece is terrific. Service was Fast and right on. Thanks Again!

O-ring once bubbled...

The site crashes every other time you go to it and the code looks like it was written by a siamang.
:wink:
I love siamangs. :)

Janice made her own website, and she's not a professional website developer, so that explains it. She still does awesome work, and she even embroidered my 300 with my Whirling Girl logo. It's very cute.

I'm going to order a new undergarment and a vest from her when the weather turns cold again.

She's really great and makes a great product. I advertise her on my jewelry website. It's nice to find something that is truly worth the cost and where you get treated so well. :)

Anyone who dives dry should know about her.

Margaret

From all the positive replies on the board, i ordered my undergarments. The next morning, Janice emailed me to confirm my measurements and let me know that it would be mailed that afternoon. Like all of you have said, FAST and super service.

I received my undergarments and took them for a dive. I have not felt this kind of freedom (from bulk) and warmth from anyother undergarment. The 300g Fleece socks keep my feet toasty warm too. For those of you looking for undergarments, dropJanice a line, she will not dissapoint!:D

Joe R. once bubbled...
Many thanks for telling me about Janice's undergarments. I had weasels and they made me feel like the good year tire model. Plus I could'nt reach my valves! This fleece is terrific. Service was Fast and right on. Thanks Again!

I have the weezle extreme +, I also have Janice's 200. When I go deep where it's cold, I break out the weezle. Have you had a chance to take the 300 down in the cold water, say low 40's or even 30's?

i just received the 200g and its very well made and comfy but its dosent look warm enough for 40f.. is the 300g alot thicker ??

Personally being a woos when it comes to cold water I use the 300 weight with my TLS350 for diving in CA (low 50's). And I don't overheat in it even in 70 degree water, I haven't used the 200, so I have no point of comparison for relative warmth.

I have the 300g and it takes me into the mid-50s by itself. Below that, I have polypropo undies and a 200g polartec vest (www.campmor.com has them for $17). That keeps me warm until around 48 degrees. Below that, I'm looking into Weezle Extreme/Extreme+. I can tolerate a short dive down to 43 degrees or so, but I'm not comfy...the safety stops feel like a sauna.

Since it's 45 degrees at 100' right now, I'm looking into something a bit warmer. For warmer waters, the Softwear is wonderful, affordable, and they have great customer service.

Also, since the custom Softwear is cut quite close to my body, I can layer it under conventional undergarments making for a very warm experience.

Soggy once bubbled...
I have the 300g and it takes me into the mid-50s by itself. Below that, I have polypropo undies and a 200g polartec vest (www.campmor.com has them for $17). That keeps me warm until around 48 degrees. Below that, I'm looking into Weezle Extreme/Extreme+. I can tolerate a short dive down to 43 degrees or so, but I'm not comfy...the safety stops feel like a sauna.

Why not be done with all the various layers and buy a DUI 400G? This by itself will keep you plenty warm, even when your suit floods. For even greater warmth, use argon for suit inflation.

sasdasdaf once bubbled...

Why not be done with all the various layers and buy a DUI 400G? This by itself will keep you plenty warm, even when your suit floods. For even greater warmth, use argon for suit inflation.

If you look on cavediver.net, I posted an ad (which you responded to) regarding the DUI 400g. I'm aaronbbrown. I am trying a set of weezles out this weekend. The DUI is ridiculously expensive and I think I'd need a custom fit from looking at the size charts.

An Argon setup is expensive and it's benefit when diving with air/nitrox is questionable.

Back
Top Bottom