Soft Seat Longevity With Hog Seconds.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else having "short" seat life in their HOG seconds? I admit I have too many regs, and they will sit for various reasons because of that, but I would expect a regulator to not begin to leak in a year or two with 2-3 (freshwater) dives. To me it seems the soft seats in the HOG seconds are way too soft. Anyone else having this happen? I love this reg, but not liking this issue. They are stored with the adjustment completely backed off.

FWIW, I have other brand seconds going on 3-4 years (possibly longer) since rebuild, and still going fine...

as a side note, it would be nice to be able to just get seats by themselves.....

I don't have such problems with the soft seats. Maybe you just need to adjust it. But I did buy extra soft seats from North East Scuba Supply to have as spares.

I certainly haven't experienced that problem. The only problem I have with Hogs is the verdigris.

I don't have such problems with the soft seats. Maybe you just need to adjust it. But I did buy extra soft seats from North East Scuba Supply to have as spares.

You can get seats by themselves? Which? Are they generics?

I certainly haven't experienced that problem. The only problem I have with Hogs is the verdigris.
Thanks Pete, I now have a new word for corrosion.

Back
Top Bottom