Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a follow up, Pete has PM’d me. Apparently he’s been waiting for a UPS pickup since 3/8

As a follow up, Pete has PM’d me. Apparently he’s been waiting for a UPS pickup since 3/8

I live in a suburban area not at all far from significant commercial and manufacturing/logistics centers and ship commercially from my home. Sometimes UPS simply ignores requested pickups - I assume because it is not convenient for the driver that day or they just "miss" it.

My understanding is that Pete is in a quite rural area. I would imagine getting a pickup is far worse in that environment.

I live in a suburban area not at all far from significant commercial and manufacturing/logistics centers and ship commercially from my home. Sometimes UPS simply ignores requested pickups - I assume because it is not convenient for the driver that day or they just "miss" it.

My understanding is that Pete is in a quite rural area. I would imagine getting a pickup is far worse in that environment.
Quite rural? More like middle of absolutely nowhere. I’m told I stayed close to where he lives when I was in FL in December.

I totally understand that. Still doesn’t explain why you wouldn’t follow up with someone who messaged you especially after telling them “it’ll go out tomorrow”. A quick “I can’t drive 50 cases to UPS but I’ll let you know when it does go out” or a “still waiting on UPS” would have solved any question in my mind.

@Tug , at least you got a DM today. I haven’t heard **** from him since the 9th. Maybe the 4 cases I want is chump change…IDK. Dude could at least reach out and say he’s got a bigger buyer.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Pete actually has the sorb. I visited a scuba estate sale in Lake City where I saw the sorb being sold here. So Pete is likely just a middle man helping the son of a cave diver who recently passed away in Lake City

Attach files
For what it’s worth, I don’t think Pete actually has the sorb. I visited a scuba estate sale in Lake City where I saw the sorb being sold here. So Pete is likely just a middle man helping the son of a cave diver who recently passed away in Lake City

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have good reasons for delays or other issues with the sale(s). Its the lack of communication that is the major complaint. If any of the legitimate reasons had been communicated, I doubt anyone would be complaining.

Attach files

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have good reasons for delays or other issues with the sale(s). Its the lack of communication that is the major complaint. If any of the legitimate reasons had been communicated, I doubt anyone would be complaining.

I agree, no excuse for bad communication if taking peoples money.

Just was throwing the info out there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom