Trip Report Socorro Jan 2021 Diving Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your kind words!

Looking forward to diving with you in Malpelo in July, if Colombia let us in.
What are you all planning for 2022? I'm going to start saving my pennies.

Great review my man, I can’t wait to go back. I was in Cozumel over Thanksgiving and bumped into the French couple from Palau on dive boat and dove with them for 3 days. David and Sandrine from Cali, remember them?

Reactions: Dan
Great review my man, I can’t wait to go back. I was in Cozumel over Thanksgiving and bumped into the French couple from Palau on dive boat and dove with them for 3 days. David and Sandrine from Cali, remember them?

Thanks for your kind words.

My memory is getting worse. That’s why I wrote this trip report ASAP before the good info vaporizes out of my brain. So, you need to remind me again about David & Sandrine. Are they the ones that like to dive on their own and we ended up searching for their SMB and picking them up after the rest of us on board the skiff?

@apenland01 just decided to pull out of our upcoming trip in May on Belle Amie. You are welcome to take his space. :wink:

So far I have booked 2 trips to Indonesia in 2022. First trip is to Raja Ampat on Blue Manta in February. Second trip is to Forgotten Island on Amira in October (not posted here, yet. Booked directly with them)

Raja Ampat with Blue Manta, 10-20 Feb, 2022, with 16% off group rate

I just check my 2022 trip to Forgotten Island on Amira in their website: Schedules

It’s already fully booked. LOL

B6D9B96A-93F2-4586-A4A4-BC264E433026.jpeg

We were divided, depending on the diver skill levels and preferences, into 3 groups of 7 divers in Shark 1, 7 divers in Shark 2 and 6 divers in Mantas. Shark 1 and 2 are for the experienced self-reliant divers looking for complete freedom on their dives. Mantas is for less experienced (especially in diving in blue water) looking for the reassurance of being with a DM to guide and lead the group.

Apologies if I missed the answer in your write-up. Was a guide along on the 2 Shark groups? Or were they independent buddy pairs, or an independent group?

Apologies if I missed the answer in your write-up. Was a guide along on the 2 Shark groups? Or were they independent buddy pairs, or an independent group?

Yes. On my Shark 2 group there were 2 DMs. One head DM, the other is tail DM. I guess they didn’t trust us being too independent buddy pairs and would collect some stragglers. They loaned each of us a Nautilus Marine Rescue GPS, in case we got blown away by the current and lost at sea.

I was glad that we had the tail DM as the head DM likes to wonder around in the blue water, swimming against current, which is not my style of diving. I rather drift with the current or hang on to a rock and see the fish parades go by and make my gas tank last. The tail DM ended up being my dive buddy at some of the dives as I lost the group, which ended up following the head DM like puppy dogs. LOL

Back
Top Bottom