Socorro Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bethie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have a trip on The Socorro Aggressor planned for December 2022 which we chose as a substitute for the now defunct Kona Aggressor that we were supposed to do. I am now seeing many reviews here (mostly from 2019) about that boat and how NOT to book it for Socorro. Has anyone been on it lately? Has anyone had GOOD experiences on it? Thanks for hopefully calming my fears!

We have a trip on The Socorro Aggressor planned for December 2022 which we chose as a substitute for the now defunct Kona Aggressor that we were supposed to do. I am now seeing many reviews here (mostly from 2019) about that boat and how NOT to book it for Socorro. Has anyone been on it lately? Has anyone had GOOD experiences on it? Thanks for hopefully calming my fears!

You must be referring to my review from 2019. I had a great time on the boat, I just hope the boat's issues were fixed. I would be on the phone w Aggressor or emailing Wayne before booking it again.

Also, keep in mind, you'll need to convert on the electric.

I just got off the sorocco aggressor after it 1st trip. Diving was great with large and close manta encounters, three close encounters with dolphins and lots of friendly sharks.

However the boat is in rough shape. Fire safety equipment where not up to Standards. Food was Dennys quality at best.

Dives 4 star boat 2 stars hopefully most could be fixed with a few tweaks but seems there to many bosses and not enough workers.

I appreciate the update on the boat's condition, because we would not have wanted to be on it again have they not taken care of the issues that we encountered in 2019

I just got off the sorocco aggressor after it 1st trip. Diving was great with large and close manta encounters, three close encounters with dolphins and lots of friendly sharks.

However the boat is in rough shape. Fire safety equipment where not up to Standards. Food was Dennys quality at best.

Dives 4 star boat 2 stars hopefully most could be fixed with a few tweaks but seems there to many bosses and not enough workers.
I saw your review. One of my friends is not going because of the safety issues you reported and we have both contacted Aggressor about it. This is serious and they should NOT be operating a boat like this.
have you contacted them? It seems very important that you do so!

I saw your review. One of my friends is not going because of the safety issues you reported and we have both contacted Aggressor about it. This is serious and they should NOT be operating a boat like this.
have you contacted them? It seems very important that you do so!
The fire extinguishers could of been fixed along with the alarms the day I got off the boat. Which I'm assuming with the attention my post on their FB page got it should be fixed.

The fire extinguishers could of been fixed along with the alarms the day I got off the boat. Which I'm assuming with the attention my post on their FB page got it should be fixed.
Was that your review that locked by Aggressor on Facebook? I thought it was a good review, highlighting both good and bad points. If it was your review did they take down your post asking why it was locked? Seems to me that Aggressor can't handle honest reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom