(México) Socorro Aggressor leaves Aggressor Fleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CantamarLaPaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
To our friends and beloved customers;

Cantamar Liveaboards (BCS Buceo y Servicio, SA de CV) a Mexican corporation who owns and operates the M/V Cassiopea SCUBA liveaboard ship, has decided to leave the agreement with Aggressor Fleet, which was in place since 2017.

Effective inmediately, the ship formerly known as "Socorro Aggressor" will recover it's original name, "M/Y Cassiopeia", and it is programmed to resume trips to Socorro Island and Revillagigedo beginning from December 18, 2022 as trip demand resumes.

This was a hard decision but a neccesary one. The weakening of the US Dollar, rising fuel prices, the cancellation of Guadalupe island trips and other factors created a perfect storm for us not being able to comply with Aggressor's SOP.

M/V Cassiopeia is a full-service liveaboard ship that complies with all Federal, State and Local laws, along with Safety, Navigation and Health certificates and that has received full hull overhaul on July, 2022 and IT IS in good working conditions ready to sail as soon as this week.

We thank Wayne, Larry, Anne & Tom from Aggressor Adventures for all the support and commitment towards the operation of Aggressor Fleet in the Mexican Pacific, and wish them well in the future.

If you have a reservation for Socorro Aggressor and wish to continue with your trip contact us immediately at info@clubcantamar.com or via WhatsApp at wa.me/526121227010 so we can begin a reservation process for your group, prices and commission structure will be honored.

Attachments

• MYCASSIOPEIA-STATEMENT.png
    MYCASSIOPEIA-STATEMENT.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 105
Are you going to resolve all the boat's issues before taking customers?
They have been solved. Three smoke detectors. New safety briefings and all fire extinguisher stations.
The boat has been certified by federal, state and local agencies, has all insurance policies in place along with permits to visit Socorro and Revillagigedo.

Visit cantamarliveaboards.com

for us not being able to comply with Aggressor's SOP.
And what SOP was that? I imagine anyone considering your boat as an option when researching for a trip would want to know. Presumably it's important to Aggressor Fleet, and you're not complying with it, so we are left wondering how important whatever the issue at hand is. Please enlighten us. Maybe it's something many of us wouldn't consider important.

Richard.

And what SOP was that? I imagine anyone considering your boat as an option when researching for a trip would want to know. Presumably it's important to Aggressor Fleet, and you're not complying with it, so we are left wondering how important whatever the issue at hand is. Please enlighten us. Maybe it's something many of us wouldn't consider important.

I was on the first trip this year, we had missing smoke detectors, fire extinguisher not charged, no safety briefs on where to muster during events and such

Richard.

Hello, Richard,

Whatever was out of the SOP got fixed after the trip it was reported.

We operate under high safety standards and thanks to that we have safe and fun trips to Socorro Island at Revillagigedo and Guadalupe. All our boats comply with all Federal, State and Local laws and requirements, and our crews are throughly certified and trained.

We had external pressures that accelerated this decision in both ways, and we are building up again reservations so the boat travels to this amazing destination as scheduled.

Thank you for your interest, you can visit the boat anytime when dock side.

Best regards, great dives ahead.

- Rodrigo @ Cantamar Fleet.

Many, if not all the issues the last review had were present back in 2019 when we were on the boat. Im personally happy we made it back to land and that my wife let us try liveaboard diving again. I was afraid after that “adventure” at sea she never would do that again.

happened upon their website and for some strange reason, I found this pretty funny...

flagship.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom