Socorro Aggressor shut down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edoralive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was booked on a Socorro Aggressor trip this winter, and just received an e-mail saying the boat had been shut down and all future trips canceled. Anyone have any additional info or insight into the Socorro Aggressor boat?

The message:
“You are receiving this email because you have clients booked on a future Socorro Aggressor trip. The Socorro Aggressor license has been immediately terminated due to non-compliance with our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). All future charters are canceled.”

I see that this thread was also posted today, but with a bit of a different spin, saying they decided to leave, vs. being booted.

Effective inmediately, the ship formerly known as "Socorro Aggressor" will recover it's original name, "M/Y Cassiopeia", and it is programmed to resume trips to Socorro Island and Revillagigedo beginning from December 18, 2022 as trip demand resumes.

This was a hard decision but a neccesary one. The weakening of the US Dollar, rising fuel prices, the cancellation of Guadalupe island trips and other factors created a perfect storm for us not being able to comply with Aggressor's SOP.

last i checked, diesel was trending down and expected to get back to about 4 to 4.50 soon. and the peso has been pretty steady at about 20 to 1 USD. so I am a bit skeptical on their story.

but if i was to go back to socorro, i would look at the nautilus belle amie

I wonder what part of the "Aggressor SOP" they were "Unable to comply with". Minimum revenue per boat perhaps?

I wonder what part of the "Aggressor SOP" they were "Unable to comply with". Minimum revenue per boat perhaps?
That makes some sense given how they’ve framed it in their SB post. That would be more palatable than some safety or condition-related SOP.

I would be demanding a refund.
Demand all you want, the complexity of these business models makes chasing the money hard. The boat owner/operator never even got the money, and the parent company won't admit they have it. Credit card charge back for not receiving what was paid for is usually the simplest option.

Save all communications, and call the CC company.

Why is it every time I see the word "Aggressor" on ScubaBoard, it's another story about Scuba Divers getting screwed over?

Did you book the trip with Aggressor, or some other entity? Regardless, I would be demanding a FULL refund, and not a credit. Anything less than a refund is a scam.

There are at least two threads talking about all the recent issues with Socorro Agressor with a call for the parent company (actually a franchiser) to do something. Now that Agressor have apparently done something we get more, but different, complaints on Scubaboard. I've never been on an Agressor boat and have no connection with the company but do wonder if we're treating them fairly.

Back
Top Bottom