So Who Were You Trained Through???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul, Panama City Beach, FL

PADI Open Water Diver 1995 Metairie, LA
PADI Enriched Air Diver 2005, Pensacola, FL
NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver 2006, Pensacola, FL
PADI Rescue Diver 2016 Panama City Beach, FL
SDI Solo Diver 2017 Pensacola, FL

Adam in Tucson, AZ
Original OW PADI
AOW PADI
Nitrox, Bouyancy, Photography, Deep Diving, Stress and Rescue- SSI
Master Diver- SSI

BZ, Master Chief. What was your rating? BM here.
I was never in the service. I was trained by a Master Chief who knew my dad. My dad had died a few years earlier and had rescued this MC somehow in Korea. Teaching me was his way of paying my dad back a bit. My dad flew med-evac in Korea off of a Navy hospital ship and also for a MASH unit.

So if you read this post, please reply with just your first name, geographical location, when and where you were certified (agency name), and your highest level of certification.

Richard.
Hopkinsville, a small city in southwestern KY, U.S.A.
2006 - OW cert. via PADI; trained in the Nashville, TN area, did (winter) checkout dives at Vortex Spring, FL, the the last 2 checkout dives at St. Thomas, USVI, on a honeymoon cruise.

2007 - Nitrox cert. via PADI in the Nashville, TN area.

2009 - AOW cert. via PADI on vacation group trip out of Nashville area to Bonaire.

2010 - Deep Dive cert. via PADI on vacation group trip out of Nashville area to Bonaire.

2011 - Rescue cert. via PADI in the Nashville, TN area.

2012 - Solo Diver cert. via SDI in Hopkinsville, KY (Pennyroyal Blue Spring Resort Quarry). I'd call this my highest cert. level. PADI offers 'Self-reliant Diver,' but I wanted it crystal clear mine said and meant 'Solo Diver.'

That pretty much covers the cert.s I 'need.' There are others that offer value, but at this point, I'm not eager to hurry up and add more.

Richard.

Bill
Originally PADI in Australia 2007. (Poor course, as I realized later.)
Dry suit SSI (VERY poor course!) 2010?
AOW PADI (yeeech) 2009?
Fundies with GUE (did not finish or pass, still the most useful training) 2014.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom