So what do you do with your keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I drive my Dr. Bill Mobile (golf cart) to the local dive park, I leave the keys in the cart when I dive. I used to carry them in my bathing suit pocket (under my wetsuit). During summer when I was diving without a wetsuit, I did lose my keys twice while underwater. I didn't find them either time until the following day and had to leave my vehicle at the dive site overnight.

I put them right in the pocket of my drysuit underwear.

I let them in the ignition hoping will swipe the hunk of junk. :lotsalove:

shore diving whats that?
HitchSafe for trailer hitches hitch receivers, trailer Hitch Cover, key safe, Hitch Accessory, Automotive Key Safe, truck accessory, suv accessory
or maybee
Hide Key Rock if your feeling lucky :)

sadly for me I have one of those new fangled keys that tell you that you should try to avoid getting them wet.

I had a new key made sans the fancy stuff. If I need to keep the key with, I put it in my pocket inside my DS.

I think this was discussed 1-2 months ago. Drysuit divers tend to put them in their undergarments, wetsuit divers either take a key without any integrated electronics, or else hide it somewhere on their vehicle.

One of my buddies has a vehicle with all that electronic gadgetry in the key and fob. They made some plain metal keys, one of which is on each of us during our dives. It won't start the vehicle, and the alarm will go off it you use it, but it'll unlock the door and let you get to the "real" keys we intentionally lock inside the vehicle.

If I'm in my drysuit, mine's in a pocket. If I'm diving wet, I tie it around the tank valve. A little salt won't hurt a plain hunk of metal (although I wouldn't intentionally get salt water into the locks).

I have a door key (plain, no electronics) and a key to the camper shell tied with cave line onto a small bolt snap. The bolt snap gets clipped into my pocket in either a wet or drysuit, and the keyring stays in the truck, hidden. My husband carries an identical set of keys, so that whichever reaches the truck first, there is no waiting around to open it up.

Tied to a bolt snap, clipped to my drysuit suspenders on my front entry suit.

I tried around the neck or in my undergarment pocket, but neither were particularly accessible when approaching my truck with my doubles on and nowhere to take them off.

Back
Top Bottom