So many dive computers so little knowledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btw... wise choice to get the essential stuff like regulators and bc first before spending money on a dive computer.

Hey, fellow Austinite!

I know all the Austin LDSs. The Suunto Gekko is the best rec dive computer in the world. If you had any idea what went into the design... You can get the Gekko at Oak Hill Scuba, Deep Blue Scuba, or Tom' Dive and Ski.

But, it should be near the last of your major equipment buys; know your tables:

1) Mask, fins, snorkel, booties, knife
2) Regs, SPG, Depth guage (wrist mounted or console)
3) Bouyancy Device
4) Wetsuit, gloves
5) Accessories: saftey equipment, etc.
6) Computer

DannyCap:
Hi everyone, I’m new to the boards. I’m a very new diver. I just got certified 3 months ago but I’m addicted now. If you have any feedback on what I have said I really would appreciate your input. Also if you know of any computer that would fit the bill please let me know. Thanks again for you help.

Danny

Welcome to the board DannyCap.
And, you think you're addicted at the 3month level?......I've been addicted for the last twenty two years! I really like this board, but I've become addicted to it as well.
Computers. I've had a number of them. Now, I too am looking for a newer computer. I haven't seen any of them in the price range that you have chosen that I'd want. My point of view is, multiple gas and possibility of no lock out. Currently I am using a Genesis A.I. and a Sherwood redundant. I also have a Vyper which I like and then some older three gauge types. Check out the Scuba Toys web site and you should be able to find a worthy computer at a good price.

Dive Saafe,
Caymaniac

Even better, call Larry at ScubaToys and see what kind of a full gear package he can put together for you.

Back
Top Bottom