So I'm an idiot, and now I need a new GPS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ALWAYS have a secondary hand held unit.

I wish to God we had had GPS's in Viet Nam when I was a pilot.

Redundancy is GOOD!!!

ALWAYS have a secondary hand held unit.

I wish to God we had had GPS's in Viet Nam when I was a pilot.

Redundancy is GOOD!!!

Yes, redundancy is good except when your secondary hand-held GPS was in the same bag as your primary, and they both got pulverized on the highway! :(

Ugghh... Several, expensive lessons learned yesterday...

sharkbait- I'll PM you about your Garmin for sale.

Aaaaaaawwwwwww maaaaannnnnnn . . . . . ! ! !

the K

my deepest sympathies...

I got angry with my cell phone and threw it out the window.

Seriously, maybe consider mounting at least the primary unit into the panel. Most panel installations are not terribly difficult to get under the console and remove them for storage to prevent theft since you live in the land of boat thieves, that is a consideration. But, at the same time, locking the console door adds a small bit of security since the units usually cannot be removed from the panel without access to the rear of the unit.

Sorry for your loss.

N

i have a mate that did the same type of thing. not sure what its like over there but call your home/boat insurer it may be covered under your home or boat insurance. my mate actually ran over his dive bag in his driveway (daughter left it there) smashing his regs, computer, camera, torch and mask. called his insurer just to see and was suprised it was all replaced new for old. so ended up with all new updated gear. so worth a call

Last edited:
i have a mate that did the same type of thing. not sure what its like over there but call your home insurer and tell them that u did it on your property and it may be covered under your home insurance. my mate actually ran over his dive bag in his driveway (daughter left it there) smashing his regs, computer, camera, torch and mask. called his insurer just to see and was suprised it was all replaced new for old. so ended up with all new updated gear. so worth a call

Over here that's called fraud and if they ever ran across this thread his butt would be in serious doodoo! But it may still be covered under his homeowners or renter's policy. I just upped my limit due to actually inventorying my gear, computer, laptop, and game systems. My scuba gear is now covered against theft, fire, and accidental damage. Minus 500 deductible but it is still something. And that includes if it happens away from home. Better to be honest. Maybe his boaters policy will cover it as well? All it takes is a couple phone calls.

Back
Top Bottom